FreePBX Distro 3.211.63 Releases-BETA RELEASE TRACK

The content of this post has been moved to our new wiki here

I installed the Beta version. Here are my thoughts:

1. Not happy with the elimination of the general settings module and the redistribution of the related options to other modules. I think that I’ve found most of them, but it was a pain in the butt. Also, now I’m going to have to re-write the First Steps After Installation instructions…

2. Direct Dial VM gain defaults to 12 db??? Is that really where you want it?

I think the 12 db is a bug. Can you open a bug ticket on it.

As far as moving the settings. The general settings made no sense anymore since the addition of the voicemail module and advanced settings and it was time to move the last few settings to their proper home. Please things like dial rules needed to be more fine grain control on a per trunk and per user level and we have had lots of request for that so they had to move to advanced settings for that reason.

I attempted to install on a Xen HVM and I initially could not get past the “No driver found” screen for the NIC.

I tried the cards matching the available cards for the VPS: Realtek 8139, Intel E1000, and Novell NE200. Using network emulator “ioemu” would not work.

I changed the network emulator to “netfront” and it readily discovered all 3 cards.

I am not sure if this is helpful or not. But I thought I would submit it.

Jason