FreePBX at Remote Datacenter

I have been using FreePBX for the past 5 years in-house under XenServer. However my position is being moved from an Employee to an Independent Contractor and now I need to figure out how to install the FreePBX Distro in a remote data center like Linode or RackSpace so that the server can be moved.

Has anyone done this that can provide knowledge.

You install the distro with the VM provider and if the current PBX is v14 you do a Backup on the on-premises PBX and then a restore on the cloud PBX. Make needed adjustments and move phones/DID routing.

If the on-premises is not v14 then you use the Conversion Tool to migrate from the on-premises to the Cloud PBX.

on-premise is FreePBX 14 Distro but in looking through Linode’s documents I might loose the commercial modules as they are not supported on versions outside of the FreePBX Distro.

You should look at Vultr.com as they not only let you upload your own ISO to use but they have have the SNG7 ISO in their default ISO library.

1 Like

Vultr is nice. I use them often. Their $5 instance (+$1 for auto backup) is more than enough for most SMB.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.