FreePBX-3.211.63-6-x86_64 becomes unresponsive, cannot connect via web nor clients

I installed the ISO FreePBX-3.211.63-6-x86_64-Full-1363361091.iso. FreePBX seems to run fine, for a little while, then it stops responding to web requests and connection attempts by SIP clients. This will last for a while, sometimes just a few minutes up to 15 minutes or so, then it responds for a short time (a couple of minutes maybe), and the cycle starts over again.

I am running this in VirtualBox 4.2.10 (64-bit), 3GB RAM, 1 CPU, up to 60GB HD available of which there is still 54GB available. My host is Ubuntu 12.10, all updates are current. At this time, I do not have native hardware I can wipe out to install this on.

Please let me know what other information I can provide to help diagnose this issue.

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,

Harlan…

This is almost certainly your VirtualBox, how is your network setup therein?

Right now I’m running this on my laptop (quad-code, 16GB RAM).

VirtualBox settings: Bridged Adapter through wlan0, using the Intel Pro/1000 MT Desktop. Promiscuous Mode: Deny.

Thanks for your help!

Well, not the ideal hardware setup, particularly the wlan, does it have a static IP address?, couple of things come to mind, you might want to run the machine headless, make sure that no laptop cpu and power saving things are operative, maybe the easiest is just pop down to the local thrift store and buy any old machine for 20 bucks, it would likely be far better adapted to what you want to achieve.

For debug purposes try disable fail2ban and clear iptables.

service fail2ban stop iptables -F