FreePBX 2.9 to 16

(Kostas) #1

Hello FreePBX community,

now that the conversion tool is gone, is there another way to migrate from 2.9 to 16 without having to do everything manualy?

thank you.

(Lorne Gaetz) #2

There is no FreePBX 16 yet. FreePBX 15 allows Backups to be restored from legacy versions:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=114852215

(Kostas) #3

Oh, sorry. It is asterisk 16.
Thank you for your reply.

(Jared Busch) #4

I have personally done FreePBX 2.11 to 15. Not done one with 2.9

The magic of virtualization makes it simple to test.

(Kostas) #5

Hello again,
i took a backup of the old machine and it gave me a directory with 13 .tar files. Because i could not select all 13 files i compressed them into one file (i tried .zip, .tar, .gz). When i tried to restore to the new machine i got these errors:

splitbrain\PHPArchive\ArchiveCorruptedException thrown with message “Header does not match it’s checksum”

Stacktrace:

#5 splitbrain\PHPArchive\ArchiveCorruptedException in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/splitbrain/php-archive/src/Tar.php:586

#4 splitbrain\PHPArchive\Tar:parseHeader in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/splitbrain/php-archive/src/Tar.php:151

#3 splitbrain\PHPArchive\Tar:extract in /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/Models/BackupSplFileInfo.php:51

#2 FreePBX\modules\Backup\Models\BackupSplFileInfo:getMetadata in /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/Backup.class.php:713

#1 FreePBX\modules\Backup:myShowPage in /var/www/html/admin/modules/backup/page.backup.php:3

#0 include in /var/www/html/admin/config.php:646

Do i need to open another thread?

Thank you.

(Lorne Gaetz) #6

How did you make a.backup? The FreePBX backup module should only generate a single archive file.

(Kostas) #7

My mistake, it was older backups together. So i got the correct backup file now but when i upload it, it gives me this message:
Running with: /usr/sbin/fwconsole backup --restore=’/var/spool/asterisk/backup/uploads/20201011.11.54.33.tar.gz’ --transaction=‘6d4fc2c8-0cde-4368-9fbb-f0386d6dfd3e’
Determining backup file type…type is legacy
_Legacy CDR Restore Option: 0 _
Starting restore job with file: /var/spool/asterisk/backup/uploads/20201011.11.54.33.tar.gz
Extracting backup…
Parsing out SQL tables. This may take a moment depending on backup size.
Found 0 database files in the backup.
Restore completed successfully

but after reload, nothing changes.

thank you.

(Jared Busch) #8

There is no MySQL database in the backup file. You don’t have a complete backup.

(Kostas) #9

From the backup option i clicked all options (Admin Web Directory, CDR, Operator Panel, Overwrite Backup Settings, System Recordings, Voicemail, System Configuration). What additional files should i add?

thank you.

(Jared Busch) #10

On my phone and the wiki sucks to dig through this way

I think this is the Pre 15 backup instructions

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/Using+the+Backup+module