FreePBX 2.6.0 on AsteriskNOW 1.5.0 recording from an extension issue & fix

Maybe I’m doing something unsupported by running 2.6.0 on AsteriskNOW 1.5.0, but anyway I was having trouble playing back recordings I had made (I made a recording, then assigned it to a test IVR… no luck. Silence.). After some poking around, I noticed that the sound files in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/ had had the following permissions, ownership, and group:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 asterisk asterisk

But the sound files in /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/ had:

-rw-r----- 1 apache apache

On a hunch I changed one of my custom wav file’s group membership to asterisk so that the custom file was now:

-rw-r----- 1 apache asterisk

And suddenly when I called my IVR I could hear my custom recording.

There are obviously a number of ways this could be fixed, and maybe I’m doing something evil by updating AsteriskNOW’s FreePBX installation, but I figured I’d make this post just in case it hadn’t been noticed (unlikely).

Thanks! Please reply if you want any more details about this (possible) bug… or even if this tip just helps you out! :slight_smile:

Callguy