FreePBX 2.3.0.3 SIP registration issue

Not sure if this has been discussed or not, certainly can’t see anything on the forums, has anyone else had issue with the SIP trunk registration? With my SIP setting from the FreePBX admin tools it puts the [inbound] above the [outbound] with the sip_additional.conf file like that any outbound calls on that trunk work fine, however inbound gets the operator tone (from carrier) that the party is not available.

Manually swapping the positions of [inbound] and [outbound] causes everything to work fine, however every web admin save reverts the settings.

configs are:

[iinet-out]
username=xxxxxxxxx
type=peer
secret=xxxxxxxx
qualify=1000
pedantic=no
nat=no
insecure=very
host=sip.vic.iinet.net.au
fromuser=xxxxxxx
fromdomain=iinetphone.iinet.net.au
disallow=all
context=ex-did
canreinvite=no
allow=alaw
allow=ulaw

[iinet-inbound]
username=xxxxxx
type=friend
secret=xxxxxx
qualify=1000
pedantic=no
NAT=no
insecure=very
host=sip.vic.iinet.net.au
fromuser=xxxxxxxx
context=from-trunk
canreinvite=no

I don’t see that behavior.

Not sure exactly what your issue is having but from a quick glance at your contexts I can tell you there are ‘conflicts’ You have a ‘peer’ context and a ‘friend’ context for the same provider. Creating a ‘friend’ is like creating one ‘peer’ and one ‘user’ so you now have 2 ‘peers’ which may be related to your issue. It is often possible to create a single ‘friend’ context in the incoming trunk field and no outgoing context, especially with providers that also include a ‘register’ requirement. This may be the setup that works best for your situation.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Thanks for that, found a note on an Australian user forum that for asterisk@home users, the inbound and outbound contexts need to be put together in the outbound scope and it worked a treat.