freePBX 2.2beta3 now released

Thanks goes to all the people who downloaded and tested, and reported bugs for 2.2.0b2, because they’ve helped find a PILE of bugs, and brought freePBX 2.2 to almost a release candidate. But I chickened out at the last minute, and went for another beta release.

The easiest way to see what bugs have been fixed in 2.2.0b3 is to have a look at the beta2 wiki page, which shows what bugs we have closed that were reported against 2.2. As you can see, there are still a couple of them, but none seem to be show stoppers. The niggly voicemail issues of 2.2 should be well and truly beaten into shape, as there was quite a few bugs left over from the GUI changes. There’s also a shiny new Dictation module, which uses asterisk’s app_dictate, with some custom sound files supplied by Allison Smith.

As far as I can tell, this is pretty much production ready, but we do want to make sure that no-one has any significant issues before we hit the big green button for the full 2.2.0 release.

I’m also aware that the Trixbox users are gnashing their teeth in anticipation. I have upgraded a 1.2.3 trixbox to 2.2.0b3 without any issues, so feel free to upgrade. It’s probably easiest for trixbox users to grab the -withmodules, as almost every module in 2.1.3 has been upgraded for 2.2.0!

I hope you enjoy it. Also, if you find a bug PLEASE REPORT IT. If you can report the bug with a fix, it’s even better! We live and breathe the bugs in the tracker, and if they’re not reported there, the odds are we don’t know about them.