FreePBX 2.11 w/ Asterisk 11

Well first let me start out by saying I love FreePBX over any other Asterisk GUI. That said, why is it so damn hard to find any good documentation on how to install it on Ubuntu (12.04) or any other OS other then CentOS? Every website that I search has a different set of instructions and which none of them work.

Is it really that difficult to have a site that has !COMPLETE! How to’s on a few major distros?

I am mean COMPLETE!!! As in Dependencies (sqlite3, mysql,PHP5, etc…), Asterisk, DAHDI, LibPRI, FreePBX,

I think this would be a great help to many people out there would benefit greatly from this, including myself. I am even willing to help.

Now that I got that out. I have Asterisk 11 installed on Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

What dependencies do I need to fulfill and how do I configure FreePBX 2.11 beta to work with Asterisk and SQLite3? other then ./start_asterisk start and ./install_amp?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Yes I meant make samples in the asterisk makes

And no that’s not a bug. Everything that was under general settings moved to advance settings

Right now I am stuck here:

root@LinuxTestVM:/usr/src/freepbx-2.11.0beta1# ./install_amp
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking user…OK
Checking if Asterisk is running…running with PID: 891…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…OK
Reading /etc/amportal.conf…parsed amp_conf variables from /etc/amportal.conf:
amp_conf [AMPDBHOST] => [localhost]
amp_conf [AMPDBENGINE] => [sqlite3]
amp_conf [AMPENGINE] => [asterisk]
amp_conf [AMPMGRUSER] => [admin]
amp_conf [AMPMGRPASS] => [amp111]
amp_conf [AMPBIN] => [/var/lib/asterisk/bin]
amp_conf [AMPSBIN] => [/usr/local/sbin]
amp_conf [AMPWEBROOT] => [/var/www/html]
amp_conf [AMPCGIBIN] => [/var/www/cgi-bin ]
amp_conf [FOPWEBROOT] => [/var/www/html/panel]
amp_conf [FOPPASSWORD] => [passw0rd]
amp_conf [AUTHTYPE] => [database]
amp_conf [AMPEXTENSIONS] => [extensions]
amp_conf [AMPDBUSER] => [asteriskuser]
amp_conf [AMPDBPASS] => [passw0rd]
amp_conf [AMPWEBADDRESS] => [192.168.1.1]
amp_conf [AMPDBNAME] => [asterisk]
amp_conf [ASTETCDIR] => [/etc/asterisk]
amp_conf [ASTMODDIR] => [/usr/lib/asterisk/modules]
amp_conf [ASTVARLIBDIR] => [/var/lib/asterisk]
amp_conf [ASTAGIDIR] => [/var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin]
amp_conf [ASTSPOOLDIR] => [/var/spool/asterisk]
amp_conf [ASTRUNDIR] => [/var/run/asterisk]
amp_conf [ASTLOGDIR] => [/var/log/asterisk]
OK
Checking for /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Reading /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf…OK
Using asterisk as PBX Engine
Checking for Asterisk version…11.0.1
Checking for selinux…OK
Connecting to database…You must setup properly AMPDBFILE in /etc/amportal.conf

Anyone know how to solve this?

Did you import the tables from SQL into your database…

This a new install. Do I have to do anything with SQLite other then just install it?

unless you know what you are doing I suggest you:-

AMPDBENGINE = mysql

after installing mysql server. sqlite is only needed for the replacement of berkleydb in newer asterii

You will also need to reconfigure the apache2 user from www-data to asterisk an the webroot to /var/www/html or (harder) change it in FreePBX install. harder as FreePBX still had some hardcoded Centos Based assumptions the last time I looked.

As dicko said. sqlite is not really fully tested. I would advise against it.

Writing documentation takes time. We have to either code or write documentation. You decide.

i dont mind using mysql, but I am under the assumption that i have to use sqlite with asterisk 11. Is that not the case?

And for the record i prefer the coding part, but document part would be nice, just saying… heck I would even write them up for you if they gave me all the info.

Do not be tempted to use any .deb’s available in the repos, they put lots of things in the “wrong” place :slight_smile:

Compile manually in this order

libpri
dahdi
asterisk

don’t forget make menuselect as you do asterisk or you won’t get mp3 or mysql cdr’s

sqlite is for the asterisk internal db. That is different from the freepbx storage db (which is usually mysql) Make sense?

He/she has already complied asterisk

Document what you do , it will work in the end, I know as all my servers are Debian based.

I have a VM with Ubuntu 12.04LTS 64-bit and have complied DADHI, LibPRI, and, Asterisk 11 all from source. Asterisk is up and running and everything is good. The problem now is how to get FreePBX 2.11 installed and communicating with Asterisk 11.

I see that, but if “it” did it in the wrong order then perhaps dependancies will fail without a real trace as to why ISDN or DAHDI is not working :wink:

I’m just being rigorous.

yes it does. so I have to have both installed and use mysql for FreePBX 2.11. i will give it shot now,

Thanks.

For me following my previous suggestions got it working, use mysql and change your apache2 configuration to be congruent with Centos thinking, you will save a lot of time .

Don’t let the avatar fool you.

I have done everything in the correct order. As I mentioned before everything else is online. Just need to know what are the dep’s for FreePBX 2.11 and if install procedures are the same. As in: ./start_asterisk start and ./install_amp

Well, Ubuntu uses a varient on “standard” startup scripts (upstart) so you will need to make sure asterisk is running as asterisk:asterisk and you will have to contend with whether you use safe_asterisk or rely on your init script. There are quite a few steps to go yet.

The deps for FreePBX are basically a properly functioning LAMP stack, you sound like you have that already