Freepbx 2.1.3 using a linksys pap-na - feature codes fail

I’m using a linksys pap-na on my system. The unit works fine, it just doesn’t pass the feature codes on to the pbx. does anyone know or have configured this device before? thanks in advance

Have you got this in your dial plan *xx|

yes it is there. this is what is in the dialplan:
(*xx|*xxxxxxxxx|*xxxxxxxxxxxxx|*xxx|xxx|xxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|011xxxxxxxxxx)

it seems the pap device has it’s own set of feature codes, and even if i replace them with the codes of the pbx, they don’t get passed on. this is where my problem is because i can not do blid transfers to the parked lines, disable private calling, etc…

Ok could you make a note and delete all the feature codes in the PAP2 and only have the following (*xx|xx.) Looking at your dial plan it could be passing anything from 2 number feature code to 13 numbers.

[quote=“nrdgalor”]yes it is there. this is what is in the dialplan:
(*xx|*xxxxxxxxx|*xxxxxxxxxxxxx|*xxx|xxx|xxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.|011xxxxxxxxxx)

it seems the pap device has it’s own set of feature codes, and even if i replace them with the codes of the pbx, they don’t get passed on. this is where my problem is because i can not do blid transfers to the parked lines, disable private calling, etc…[/quote]

cool, that partially worked. i was able to get the weather and a few of those features. when i dial *70 to activate callwaiting, it does not give me a response of activated, it just goes back to the dialtone. does this have to do with the dial plan or the pap funtionality?

The only way I got it to work was to delete/deactivate the linksys’s
features that overlap with freepbx’s features.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of nrdgalor
Sent: 19 October 2006 04:57 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Amportal-users] freepbx 2.1.3 using a linksys pap-na -
featurecodes fail

yes it is there. this is what is in the dialplan:
(*xx|*xxxxxxxxx|*xxxxxxxxxxxxx|*xxx|xxx|xxxx|[3469]11|0|00|[

it seems the pap device has it’s own set of feature codes, and even if i
replace them with the codes of the pbx, they don’t get passed on. this is
where my problem is because i can not do blid transfers to the parked lines,
disable private calling, etc…

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job
easier Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache
Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web services, security?
Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make your job easier
Download IBM WebSphere Application Server v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo
http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat=121642

Amportal-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/amportal-users

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

allang at equation.co.za, that was it. i deleted all the codes in the Regional section and the codes passed. thank you allang at equation.co.za, and StillLearning

[quote=“nrdgalor”]yes it is there. this is what is in the dialplan:

it seems the pap device has it’s own set of feature codes, and even if i replace them with the codes of the pbx, they don’t get passed on. this is where my problem is because i can not do blid transfers to the parked lines, disable private calling, etc…[/quote]

You apparently aren’t getting the concept of a dial plan - if you have *xx, then *xxxxxxxxx|*xxxxxxxxxxxxx|*xxx will never be seen because the adapter will have sent the call on to asterisk already. There is a way to include a timeout variable, so you can use shorter codes and longer ones, but you aren’t doing that.

As for disabling the codes, if the PAP device is anything like a Sipura then you need to look under the appropriate “Line” tab (Line 1 or Line 2) for a section labeled “Supplementary Service Subscription.” Most likely you will find all the selections set to YES. When you turn off a service (change the setting to NO), you also turn off interception of the feature codes associated with that service. As far as I know, there is no document that directly maps individual feature codes to their associated services. But you may be able to get some idea of which feature codes are associated with which services by looking in the Sipura SPA user guide (.pdf file). Disable any Sipura service, and the associated feature code(s) will then get passed through to Asterisk.

michigantelephone, you are right. i’m just learning, thus i am asking questions. i just want the pap to pass on the keystrokes, as i do not want to use the built in funtions, that is what the asterisk is for me. i just need the regular phone plugged into the pap for use with the asterisk.

the pap is similar in that it has line1/2 with Supplementary Service Subscription section. i guess that would be the way to turn off the codes, but i suppose deleting the codes does the same. thanks for the feedback, i just learned that much more.