FreePBX 15 Upgrade Advice

I am currently running FreePBX 14 for a private school on a HP DL380 G5 server. It’s been running without a restart for well over a year (very impressive).
I was impressed that FreePBX installed at all on this server, since the stock CentOS 7 removed the kernel drivers for this particular model of HP’s SmartArray card.

So my main question is: will I encounter any hardware compatibility issues with upgrading to FreePBX 15? I have read other forum posts stating that the upgrade was easy. I do have kernel updates waiting to be installed, but I am still concerned about the SmartArray driver issue. The last thing I need is to apply system updates and then discover that the OS can no longer see the RAID array.

Yes I do have backups that run every night, but I do not have a spare server if this one is no longer compatible.

Thank you for your advice!

IIRC (@lgaetz might have a better view into this than me) the base OS for FreePBX 15 is still CentOS 7.

If that isn’t true, you can still do a manual install of the system and install the driver (if one is available anywhere) from a USB or CD.

Both FreePBX 14 and 15 distros use the same base OS. The current kernel for both is

[root@uc-51459655 log]# uname -a
Linux uc-xxxxxx 3.10.0-957.21.3.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jun 18 16:35:19 UTC 2019 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.