Freepbx 15 migration - Intercom feature is missing, Intercom is disabled in extension_additional.conf


(Scristopher7) #1

Hello,
I’m a little stumped on this one. I just migrated a freepbx 12 server to 15 and everything seemed to of gone very smoothly, however the only thing that is not working is the intercom feature. I noticed there is no feature code for the intercom in the feature code manager, and even though intercom is enabled for the extensions, I am getting an error when trying to intercom them:

> 0x7f64e80ae840 -- Strict RTP learning after remote address set to: 192.168.1.132:3000
[2020-09-03 10:15:50] NOTICE[2780][C-00000087]: chan_sip.c:26817 handle_request_invite: 

Call from '200' (xx.xxx.xxx.xx:5060) to extension '*801000' rejected because extension not found in context 'from-internal'.

I can see that intercom is enabled for this extension 1000:

[root@freepbx asterisk]# rasterisk -rx 'database show' | grep intercom | grep  1000
/AMPUSER/1000/intercom                            : enabled                  
/AMPUSER/1000/intercom/override                   : reject     

I compared with another system and it appears that in extensions_additional.conf the intercom code is actually disabled:

[root@freepbx asterisk]# grep 'INTERCOMCODE =' extensions_additional.conf 
INTERCOMCODE = nointercom

On a system where it is working properly it is set to *80:

[root@pbx asterisk]# grep 'INTERCOMCODE =' extensions_additional.conf 
INTERCOMCODE = *80

The paging module is installed (I uninstalled pagepro though to see if maybe there was a conflict)

[root@freepbx asterisk]# fwconsole ma list | grep paging
| paging               | 15.0.4.23  | Enabled                           | GPLv3+      |
| pagingpro            |            | Not Installed (Locally available) | Commercial  |

Also it appears I am missing paging in the featurecodes table

On a working system:

MariaDB [asterisk]> select * from featurecodes where modulename='paging';
+------------+-----------------+------------------------+----------+-------------+------------+---------+-------------+
| modulename | featurename     | description            | helptext | defaultcode | customcode | enabled | providedest |
+------------+-----------------+------------------------+----------+-------------+------------+---------+-------------+
| paging     | intercom-off    | User Intercom Disallow |          | *55         |            |       1 |           0 |
| paging     | intercom-on     | User Intercom Allow    |          | *54         |            |       1 |           0 |
| paging     | intercom-prefix | Intercom prefix        |          | *80         |            |       1 |           0 |
+------------+-----------------+------------------------+----------+-------------+------------+---------+-------------+
3 rows in set (0.01 sec)

On the broken system:

MariaDB [asterisk]>  select * from featurecodes where modulename='paging';
Empty set (0.00 sec)

Now I see where the issue here is but just am not sure where to fix it, anyone know? Im contemplating just adding the values into the featurecodes table and seeing what happens but not sure if that will resolve my issue.


(Scristopher7) #2

MariaDB [(none)]> insert into featurecodes values ('paging','intercom-off','User Intercom Disallow','','*55','NULL','1','0');

MariaDB [(none)]> insert into featurecodes values ('paging','intercom-on','User Intercom Allow','','*54','NULL','1','0');

MariaDB [(none)]> insert into featurecodes values ('paging','intercom-prefix','Intercom prefix','','*80','NULL','1','0');

Checked in feature codes and intercom feature codes were there, however the values were NULL, so I just set them to what they should be. Once that was done I did the apply config, and intercom was working!


(Dave Burgess) #3

IIRC (don’t have a machine to verify) you can disable, enable, set, and reset the values for these in the Feature Codes module (under the Admin tab). I’m pretty sure that what you did duplicates that, so good work, but check to see if the Feature Codes tab also does this.


(Scristopher7) #4

@cynjut The problem here was they were not even in the features tab so I was super lost on where to actually set the value, they showed up after doing this though. However I’m very interested to find out “why” they were not in the features tab and what happened here, though now at this point I’m not sure I will ever really know or find the reason. Its just one of those things ¯\ _ (ツ)_ /¯


(Lorne Gaetz) #5

Known issue, there is an internal ticket on this in the sprint now.