FreePBX 15 debian buster - debian asterisk package

3 comments/questions
Having followed this Debian 10 buildout to look around at this new release, the following error occurred…

Prepare Asterisk

systemctl stop asterisk
systemctl disable asterisk
cd /etc/asterisk
mkdir DIST
mv * DIST ----this gives error–mv: cannot move ‘DIST’ to a subdirectory of itself, ‘DIST/DIST’
cp DIST/asterisk.conf .
sed -i ‘s/(!)//’ asterisk.conf
touch modules.conf
touch cdr.conf

what is the purpose of moving the DIST directory? or is there a syntax error here?

On every login of the GUI- Freepbx hangs at 75% for approx 3-4 minutes. During that time I hit F12 to see what was happening and saw 5 errors…
JQMIGRATE: jQuery.expr[":"] is now jQuery.expr.pseudos
migrateWarn@pbxlib_2a0a532429c7d…sion=15.0.16.53:275
JQMIGRATE: jQuery.expr.filters is now jQuery.expr.pseudos

JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.unbind() is deprecated

JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.bind() is deprecated

JQMIGRATE: jQuery.fn.removeAttr no longer sets boolean properties: required

Can I do anything about this?

Also, while really no big deal, no music on hold was found in the /var/lib/asterisk/moh directory.
Is this by design or did I miss something? Is the default still a .wav file?

When you install asterisk from the Debian 10 packaging system, it installs a default set of configuration files. Making the DIST directory and moving all the files into it just sets that default config aside so that FreePBX can populate the directory the way it wants to. The error is benign and the command works as intended.

I believe this is the same issue as the post above yours; you need to set a FQDN on your server and make sure it’s in the /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname file.

FreePBX should install MOH there if you install the “music” module. If for some reason that’s not working you can find the MOH files that come with the Debian 10 asterisk distribution in /usr/share/asterisk/moh. Just copy them over.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.