FreePBX 15 and Extensions Dial for auto answer

I recently upgraded from FreePBX 13 to 15 (asterisk 13) and am having an issue with auto answer not working when I have “dial” in extensions for ext 115 set to SCCP/115/aa2w. This would have the phone answer in 2 way intercom mode. When I upgraded to FreePBX this no longer worked. I can set dial to SCCP/115 and it will call the phone normally. I have an ami test script I ran to verify that aa2w still works with chan_sccp.
Username: cxpanel
Secret: redacted
ActionId: 1a2b

Action: Originate
Channel: SCCP/115/aa2w
Context: ggtts
Exten: 1002
CallerID: HA Alert<XXXXXXXXXX>
Priority:1
Variable: MyMsg=hello. There is a home automation alert. Please check the dashboard.

When executed it will call the extension and it autoanswers and I here the googletts message. How can I specify in FreePBX that when this extension is called it should be with SCCP/115/aa2w?

Thanks,
Brendin

Got it working with adding an entry into extensions_custom.conf. exten => 115,1,Dial(SCCP/115/aa2w,20)

In the SCCP Q&A Forum, Dietrich suggested a macro that looks like this:

You could add something like

;------------------------------------------------------------The macro
for paging function
[macro-sccp-autoanswer]
exten => s,1(check),ChanIsAvail(SCCP/${ARG1},sj)
exten => s,n,Dial(SCCP/${ARG1}/ringer=feature/aa=2wb)
exten => s,n(end),Busy(20)
exten => s,n,Macro(hangupcall,)
exten => s,check+101,Busy(20)
exten => s,check+101,Busy(20)

in extensions_custom.conf and then set an ‘autoanswer macro’ on the extensions page which would end up in the asterisk database like:

DEVICE/1234/autoanswer/macro : sccp-autoanswer

I think this might be a stable work around. And a more FreePBX way of doing this. SIP devices all seem to have different ways of achieving autoanswer so the custom macro solution seem to be appropriate.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.