I am attempting to migrate a system from FreePBX 14 to 16, using the Backup & Restore module, as I am also switching hardware platforms. I have done this in the past quite successfully, both on real and virtual hardware, but this particular setup has some custom database entries that are kicking out the import process on FreePBX 16.
One of the IT people at the company modified some of the code and wrote to a new set of tables in the database. FreePBX 16 is choking on this.
I believe I can cure the problem by modifying the backup file:
- Create a backup
- Move to a separate clean machine
- Inflate the .tgz and expand the contents
- Insert the .sql files into a clean database
- Drop the modified tables
- Export the database into new .sql files
- Package it all back up into a .tgz
- Move to FreePBX and let the restore module crunch through the data
The problem I am having is that I do not know what the original database names are within the FreePBX 14 system. Is there a document around that provides that information, so that I can import?
The other thought I had was to find where the code was for the restore process within the linux scripts, and see how they manage the files. I would need to locate the scripts in order to interpret them.