FreePBX 14 Release Candidate

Yup. But it’ll require php 5.6

So in theory, a CentOS self install upgraded to PHP 5.6 via say the Remi repo, should be upgradable to FreePBX 14?

generally speaking yes. Note there may be other hangups like libssl, libcurl etc.
Also Centos6 is security only next week (may 10th) so any OS bugs are simply there.

As long as it can create a migration path to a SNG7 base via backup/restore that should be fine. I take that this process will burn a Zend reset though?

Zend reset? I hope not. I have my FreePBX virtualized on VMWare. So I would just assume copy down the MAC address first, and then make sure the new VM has that same MAC address? I am hoping that will work with an upgrade.

Anyone?

We will be releasing soon a in place upgrade system for users of the existing SHMZ OS based on EL6 (Distro version 10.13.66) to the new SNG7 distro based on EL7. It will also upgrade you to FeeePBX14.

3 Likes

Great news, thanks Tony.

Hi Tony,

I suppose this upgrade is only for 64bit systems, or would it also be possible to upgrade a SHMZ OS-32bit to SNG7-64 bit?

Nope 64bit only. Would be really dangerous for us to try and convert a 32bit to 64bit through a upgrade.

2 Likes

When do you plan to release a stable version of SNG7?

We have no timeframe on this.

FreePBX 15 will be based on php 7.1? :slight_smile:

Probably not, it will be 5.6 based.

1 Like

Is there any news on the in-place upgrade and it’s process?

1 Like

So I’m assuming the System 50 units will need a wipe and reinstall? Will that mean a Zend reset too?

No…

But I think mine shipped with a 32-bit install (listed as i686).

System 50 was 2 years ago and only supports 32bit.

Tony you’ve claimed that before but that’s not correct. 2 years ago will be at the end of THIS year. It’s less than 18 months old. It was even sold by Sangoma into 2016 if I recall.

Now, I believe both the system and Ark show the D2550 CPU as 64bit. There may be other constraints regarding 64bit capability related to the motherboard and BIOS but the CPU was capable (again, dependent on the other parts).

Last manufacturing of those systems were in 2015. Not sure on last sale date based on inventory or what distrbutors had but you may be correct that some systems were sold in late 2015 and maybe Jan 2016. That info I would not have handy.

I just know when we stopped manufacturing them was 2015.

And the MB we used was not allowing 64bit installs from my memory as we had to build a special PXE install for them of 32bit.