FreePBX 14 open icmp port

Hey!

I have a problem my telephone service provider wants to test a channel using icmp and complains that ping does not come and asks to open icmp - but I don’t know where to do it.

Please tell me.
Freepbx is installed as it is without modification, Firewall is configured by default and everything works.

PBX Version:14.0.16.9
PBX Distro:12.7.8-2012-1.sng7

I do not think anything in FreePBX is blocking ICMP. Perhaps you have a firewall or even a cable modem blocking ICMP from the outside or you are using NAT. If you open this up, I would turn it off after they are done.

Thanks for the answer.
But I am not using NAT, my ISP is directly connected to Freepbx.

There is no ping at the moment.

Sounds like it might be time to log into the console as root and start using tcpdump to analyze your network traffic. Get your ISP’s server address and
tcpdump icmp’ and make sure the packets are making it to the server.

If the firewall is blocking them, they will show up as inbound-only packets from the ISP with no corresponding outbound packets back.

A lot of people have a policy of suppressing all ICMP packets, because they can reveal details of your internal network and possibly also because they can be used for DDOS. That can make diagnosing problems difficult, and. when carried to extremes (fragmentation required can break legitimate protocols). It would not be too surprising to find that IDMP, or at least ICMP echo, had been blocked in the OP’s network

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.