Freepbx 14 Distro No IPV4 Address After Post Installation Reboot

Ok So i have taken Nick’s suggestion and reordered the Wanpipe to S20 and works like a charm.
How do we get Sangoma to make this a permanent change in the Distro?
Thanks to
Marbled
dicko

You Rock

Cheers
Greg

Hi Greg!

Just to make sure, did you do that manually (it won’t survive a reboot if you did) or made the modification I made to config_boot_linux() of /etc/wanpipe/wancfg_zaptel/wancfg_zaptel.pl?

I already have a ticket opened in which I logged every problem I encountered…

In my ticket, at the point I noticed the slooooooooooow boot problem network connectivity had been restored so addressing the latest issue I had noticed was probably not prioritized but it is now obvious it is also causing installation problems which changes things as far as priorizing it I think…

For me, that service priority problem caused a sloooooooow boot, while for you a loss of network connectivity at the end of your installation. The fix is the same however…

Can you please confirm how you fixed the problem on your system (the way I did or using a temporary rename) so that I can add that information to the ticket?

Andrew, a FreePBX dev, has already posted in this thread and I referred to Bryan (another FreePBX dev) earlier so now that they are aware of the issue it is quite possible they will reevaluate my ticket priority now that another problem tied to one of the problems I reported has been identified…

This was the only problem I reported which had not been addressed IIRC…

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

i did make the change to the wancfg_zaptel.pl and it survived a reboot.

I will put in a ticket in the sangoma portal so they have more then one person making them aware of the issue.

Thanks again
Greg

Hi Greg!

Thank you for confirming this…

It will, most likely, be closed as duplicate.

There’s the notion of sub-task in Jira (we use it at work too so I have used it at time) but this is meant more for the devs use that our own…

What I think you could do is comment on my ticket, it is ticket FREEPBX-15491.

Would this be ok, @tm1000 (Andrew)?

Thank you and have a nice day!

Nick

Guys, We are aware of this issue. Spamming the system isn’t going to make it get fixed any quicker.

Sure. Just pointing out that adding more tickets isn’t going to make anything happen any quicker.

In this case, going through the portal does not give priority to tickets in the ticket system

Ok Andrew i will just comment on the other support thread.
i had no intention of spamming.
again thanks for all the great help

Greg

Hi Andrew!

Considering I am frequently on the receiving end of the ones created at work I definitely know that… :grinning:

That’s why I recommended against it…

I only hope you didn’t consider me adding F/Us documenting what I had found to the ticket I created as spamming… :worried:

Thank you and have a nice day,

Nick

What I mean by spamming is opening multiple tickets to illicit a response or action, this didn’t happen in this thread and I don’t think that was the intention but it has happened so I wanted to be clear that opening something up in portal doesn’t make the ticket in issues get fixed any faster.

What you are doing is very helpful thank you Nicolas.

Bryan has been out of office/away from desk doing management tasks recently. He’ll be back to this upgrader soon.

We just started playing with the Sangoma 7 distro using the latest Dec 2017 release. We are seeing this same issue-- load the iso up, everything seems initially fine. Give it an hour, the box is not reachable by ipv4 and the IP info is gone. It can be reached by ipv6. Reboot, and you get it back-- but it’s gone an hour later. For fun, we loaded it at AWS and Azure and it happens in both places.