FreePBX 14 and HA

HA is only supported at present on version 10.13.66. Watch this page for developments:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/FreePBX+High+Availability

1 Like

Do we know an ETA on when HA will be ready?

From the link above:

We are working on this for Q4 2017 time frame.

Any updates with regards to HA and FreePBX14?

I watched the video but it made no mention of FreePBX14 or perhaps I missed it

My bad, I remembered this video but I didn’t remember it being on pbxact instead of freepbx, but does it hurt to gives this a try, or does someone know this doesn’t work at all with freepbx?

HA in 14 is close, but still not available.

Thanks Lorne. Looking forward to this as I’m just starting a FreePBX HA project.

Do you know if FreePBX 14 HA will support PJSIP?

Fraser.

It will. As chan_sip is deprecated (or community supported, or whatever the official status is) it’s safe to assume that all projects going forward will support PJSIP. As it happens, the restriction in 13HA clusters that limits SIP traffic to a single eth interface is not a restriction in 14HA, so the whole conversation about SIP transport bindings goes away. HA14 behaves more like a standalone PBX in that regard.

Awesome!

I presume the upgrade path from a FreePBX 10.13.66 installation to SNG7/FreePBX 14 should be relatively pain free?

Fraser.

It is for stand alone systems. I don’t know when (or even if) there will be a supported in place 13 to 14 upgrade path for a cluster. If setting up a system right now today that you want to be a 14 HA cluster in the future, I would probably setup a standalone 14 system and use a warm spare backup in the near term.

How close is HA in 14? If it’s not far then maybe I will hold off.

It’s been “real close” since August of 2017. I’m sure it will be just a few more minutes.
:rofl:

2 Likes

I am exactly in this situation. I have a HA system sold and fear putting them in 13 with HA because they will forever be stuck in 13. If I go with a standalone 14 system and warm spare there is no way due to file structure to take a standalone 14 and make it HA correct?

One of the many changes in 14 is that an HA node uses the same base install as a standalone 14 system. The days of installing an HA node using it’s own option from the ISO are ending soon. That’s why I recommended above using 14 in warm spare, as converting to HA14 will be easier.

2 Likes

No with 14 you will be able to take any standalone server and make it a HA node. That is the beauty of the new design and why it’s taken so long. We have dropped using DRBD for disk sycing and using our own solution we built to sync the files and DBs that need to be in sync.

4 Likes

This sounds fantastic. I will proceed with making 2 V14 systems using the standard install, putting the HA module on each and when the V14 HA is ready converting the systems to a cluster.

Does this path forward seem wise or did I misinterpret something you said?

Will the 14 HA be a different module than the current HA module? With regards to pricing? It is apparent they will function differently but if I purchase an HA module right now will it allow me to use the new HA module when it is released? Thank you and I’m looking forward to seeing the new module!

Yes that is correct. In 14 it will be a new module but same license.

1 Like