Freepbx 13 Upgrade Last Steps fail

I have performed several successful upgrades to FreePBX 13 and Asterisk 13 from FPBX 11 and Asterisk 11.

However a couple of servers I have cannot progress the final step. The upgrade tool works fine and I am able to perform the upgrade. Once I go to perform the Module Update the following require updating:

• CallerID Lookup 2.11.1.12 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation GPLv3+ Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.11
  • Certificate Manager 12.0.6 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation AGPLv3+ Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.34
  • Phone Apps 12.0.48 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation Commercial Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.76
  • UCP Node Server 12.0.6 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation Commercial Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.31
  • Conference Pro 12.0.32 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation Commercial Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.25
  • Conferences 12.0.22 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation GPLv3+ Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.22
  • Paging Pro 12.0.7 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation Commercial Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.17
  • Paging and Intercom 12.0.14 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation GPLv3+ Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.24
  • Music on Hold 12.0.2 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation GPLv3+ Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.22
  • EndPoint Manager 12.0.19 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation Commercial Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.84.3
  • Fax Configuration 12.0.9 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation GPLv3+ Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.38
  • Fax Configuration Professional 12.0.40 Stable Sangoma Technologies Corporation Commercial Disabled; Pending Upgrade to 13.0.34

However once I try to update any of these modules I get the following error. I have repeated this on 3 different systems. As I said, some have upgraded without an issue, the others have this exact error:

Doctrine \                        DBAL \                        Schema \                        SchemaException
                (20)

The table with name 'asterisk.extensions' already exists.  

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Schema/SchemaException.php

/**
 * @param string $tableName
 * @return \Doctrine\DBAL\Schema\SchemaException
 */
static public function tableAlreadyExists($tableName)
{
    return new self("The table with name '".$tableName."' already exists.", self::TABLE_ALREADY_EXISTS);
}

mysql
use asterisk;
show tables;

I will bet you that you have a table called “Extensions” and “extensions”

There’s an option to “de-capitalize” MySQL table names, if that’s the case. Of course, I don’t remember it right off the top of my head, but you might want to add it to your my.cnf file before proceeding.

Thank you Andrew

That was exactly the issue. I had tested an add-on a couple of years ago and it had created a table called Extensions and of course there was another table called extensions. So I used DROP TABLE Extensions; and was then able to continue with the upgrade. So thanks for the quick pointer. I had not considered the message to mean 2 tables with the same name.

Same here. You aren’t the first person to run into this.

1 Like