FreePBX 13: Unable to reload through GUI: Asterisk running as root (PiAF)

I’ve manually unflagged Ward’s post in this thread.

I should explain that our forum software (Discourse) is highly self-moderating. If your post is flagged (and people can flag it for any reason they want), your post will get hidden until a real human looks at it.

The only way to stop this from happening is to post helpful and useful posts, and have people click on the Like button (the heart). The more hearts you get, the better the forum software treats you, and the more flags you need to get before your post is hidden.

This is one of the (many) awesome things about Discourse, and is why we love it.

I also urge people not to flag posts for ‘Inappropriate’ when they aren’t - this post wasn’t inappropriate, it was just wrong.

Edit: For those that missed it, the Vulnerability was reported and fixed over twitter in the space of about 10 minutes. Here’s the link to the post where I explained what the problem was, and it’s also mentioned in the first and second posts, too.

It’s not like it’s a sky-is-falling issue, it’s a bug, it was responsibly disclosed, and it was fixed. That’s what infosec is all about. We love people reporting bugs.

3 Likes