FreePBX 13 to 15 upgrade - issue with DHADI lines

Upgrading an old FreePBX13 install to version 15 on another computer. Using a Digium card installed with 5 FXO ports for analog trunk lines and 1 FXS port. I did a clean install of 15 with the Digium card installed in the new PC. Ran a restore from a backup of the 13 machine and it appears most configuration was converted, although for some reason, I had to re-create the ring group I have set up for incoming calls. All my internal extensions are working properly and communicate with each other. However, I cannot make outside calls – get the message “all circuits are busy”. And incoming calls do not ring any of the extensions and end up going to an IVR I have setup after 4 or 5 rings.
I do see the following message when I go into the DAHDI config:

DAHDi is DISABLED for writing

WARNING: When this module is enabled for writing it WILL overwrite the following files:

• /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_general.conf
  • /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi_groups.conf
  • /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf
  • /etc/dahdi/system.conf
  • /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf

Do I need to enable this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

You’ve got two choices:

1. Pull the old versions of those files from your 13 server and install them on the 15 server.
  2. Turn the option on and configure the cards with the software, then turn the option back off so you don’t have to worry about the system “helping” you.

Either way, make sure you turn that sucker back off when you get done. You don’t want to be changing those files once you get them working. DAHDI is a largely a stand-alone subsystem, so letting FreePBX “help” you with it (especially unsupervised) is almost always a had idea.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.