FreePBX 13 not showing symlinked recordings

Good evening

I have an issue on a FreePBX 13 server where we would rsync older recordings from /var/spool/asterisk/monitor to a backup drive to free up space on the primary drive. We would then symlink the year or month folders back to the var/spool/asterisk/monitor directory so that recordings are still available via the GUI.

So in FreePBX 11 this worked a treat but in 13 it does not list the recordings as downloadable in the GUI.

In the back end you can access the recordings via the symlink just fine. Permissions has been applied chmod asterisk:asterisk recursively but still no go.

Any ideas?

There’s an Apache directive that tells the system whether or not to follow symlinks. I think it’s called “followsymlinks” in the Apache configuration. Check to see what that’s set to.

Thank you for the reply. I had Selinux enabled and disabled that incase anyone else run into a similar issue.

I have also made sure that the relevant folder /var/spool/asterisk/monitor had the X permissions.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.