FreePBX 13 Alpha Outbound Caller ID Issue

You are right in wanting to post problems, but wrong in doing it either by accident on purpose on a production machine, and also wrong in expecting any support here in this forum

You have intrinsically assumed the role of a developer by going alpha. Use instead :-

http://issues.freepbx.org/secure/Dashboard.jspa

but identify the exact versions of everything you are using.

Again while I appreciate your comments. I’ve come to this forum numerous times over the years of running FreePBX various versions of Alpha/Beta/Stable and found answers to my questions. Usually because someone else ran into the same problem.

Upgrading the one machine by accident, may of been a stupid move but, what’s done is done. I’ve always been great with technology because I love to learn. I learn best during break/fix. This situation I’ve gotten myself into may not be ideal, but it’s not the end of the world. If it was, then my choice ot upgrade 2 more was certainly not smart.

I have reviewed the issue database, while it may be beneficial if I was to post there. I certainly don’t see the harm in posting here.

For anyone interested. I have rebuilt and deployed 2 of the 3 PBX’s that I upgraded the FreePBX 13 Alpha they are now running 6.12.65-26 and outbound caller id works again.

I’m not sure what breaks outbound caller id for systems that are upgraded from 12 but it happened for all 3 of mine.

Just to let any one else who is tempted by apparently bright and sparkly things which are really very green and as yet malformed, the very last thing in the progression from Alpha to stable would be any upgrade scripts from an earlier version, by it’s very definition alpha code is broken so how would that script be possibly fully functional? If you want to help, identify the problem and post what you see in the right place. Using such code for production is an absolute mistake DO NOT DO IT!!, hopefully you will all now understand that alpha is NOT FOR PRODUCTION MACHINES!!! . You can reasonably expect a functional upgrade script about RC final level.

2 Likes

This is resolved in core v13.0.1alpha13

1 Like

I can confirm core v13.0.1alpha13 fixed the Caller ID issue.

Thanks for letting me know about it.