FreePBX 13.0.197.22 Core upgrade 13.0.131.25 caused outbound calls to fail


(Andrew ) #1

Hello,

After upgrading from core 13.0.131.19 to .25 all outbound calls would fail. Symptoms were, dial number 90 seconds of silence then it would produce a ring tone then the fast busy after 45 seconds.

I rolled back the core upgrade and we were able to dial out again. I have tried to upload the logs of a failed attempt and a completed call but it does not like txt files.

I am not a telephony professional, so I cannot determine where the failure is in Asterisk logs.

Has anyone else had an issue with the new core upgrade or seen activity like this?

Thank you,

Andrew


(Dave Burgess) #2

Capture the log and use the pastebin upload http://pastebin.freepbx.org to save the extract. You need to do this before the log ages out and the data is lost. Post the link to the forum and the bug report you submit on the Issues link above.


(Andrew ) #3

Here is the Asterisk log with the new core. https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/4e39f496

Here is the Asterisk log with the old (current) core. https://pastebin.freepbx.org/view/fe1e36a9

Thanks,

Andrew


(Lorne Gaetz) #4

I’ve looked at the traces and there is nothing noticeable there that might explain what you saw. Nor can I think of any recent core changes that would explain this. From the point of view of Asterisk, the INVITE was sent to the provider, and no reply was received. This could be a firewall issue or a possible transient issue with the provider. If it persists, you will have to look at the signalling to see what’s going on.


(Jdennis) #5

Last night I updated our FreePBX install , Core got upgraded to 13.0.131.25 from 13.0.131.19. After this upgrade , we could no longer make any outbound calls. After many reports of this problem this morning, we rolled our core back to 13.0.131.19 and everything is working again like normal.


(Daniel Friedman) #6

Hello @dmeeder,

There is a bug in the core module which adds the Alert-Info=unset to the SIP header.
Here is the line in your log that shows that:

[2020-05-11 08:54:24] VERBOSE[18937][C-0000003e] pbx.c: Executing [s@func-apply-sipheaders:11] ExecIf("SIP/att-ipflex-pri-00000126", "1?SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info:unset)") in new stack

Probably, your provider does not like this Alert-Info header and denies the call. You can turn your sip debug mode to verify the provider’s answer. You can type the command in the Asterisk console like that:

sip set debug peer att-ipflex-pri on

and to turn it off:

sip set debug peer att-ipflex-pri off

You can stay at your current version of the core module until they fix the bug, or to upgrade it and remove the unnecessary headers by adding this piece of code to the extensions_custom.conf file:

[macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook]
;Remove spaces or dashes from outboundnumber when calling
exten => s,1,Set(OUTNUM=${FILTER(0123456789*#+,${OUTNUM})})

;Remove Alert Info headers
exten => s,n,SIPRemoveHeader(Alert-Info:)

;Remove Call Info headers
exten => s,n,SIPRemoveHeader(Call-Info:)
exten => s,n,MacroExit()

Do not forget to reload the dialplan after that like this: dialplan reload

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.


(Lorne Gaetz) #7

Good catch Daniel. I have a ticket on this already from this post: Problema con llamadas salientes tras último CORE update 13.0.131.25


(Daniel Friedman) #8

Hello @lgaetz,

I did not upgraded yet the modules on my systems, so I did not had the chance to stumble on this problem online (otherwise, I would have open a ticket myself), but I noticed on the core module versions, that they are dealing with an extra added Alert-Headers on outbound calls (especially on forwarded calls). So, the next step was to verify my suspicion with the logs that @dmeeder provided, that an Alert-Info header is being added to an outbound call. From my experience, most of the sip providers reject calls if there are extra Alert-Info or Call-info headers being added to the SIP header.

I hope it would get sorted out soon.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.


(Lorne Gaetz) #9

Just triaged, it’s at the top of the coming sprint.


#10

For anyone else with the issue, there is a pending update that can be applied which resolved the issue on my systems.

https://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-21382

[Kapil Gupta] added a comment - 10 hours ago
core v13.0.131.26

This module has been published and is now in the “edge” track

To enable the edge track, go to “Advanced settings and set “Set Module Admin to Edge mode” to “Yes”

Then go to module admin and click “Check Online”. Note this will show updates for ALL modules in the edge track. Update the module(s) relevant to your issue.

Once finished go to “Advanced settings and set “Set Module Admin to Edge mode” to “No”

You may also upgrade from the command line with “fwconsole ma --edge upgrade MODULENAME”
replacing MODULENAME with the modules rawname which can be seen in “fwconsole ma list”

Please feel free to test and verify your issue is fixed.

This module will be pushed to the Stable repo as soon as it meets the criteria for transition.


(Lorne Gaetz) #11

Or you can download the module version directly using:

fwconsole ma downloadinstall core --tag 13.0.131.26

or

fwconsole ma upgrade core 

edit - no longer in edge, you can upgrade as normal


Problema con llamadas salientes tras último CORE update 13.0.131.25
(Andrew ) #12

Thank you all for responding to my issue. This is the first time I have had a chance to hit the community since I posted. I am going to roll out the new code in a couple of minutes. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again,

Drew

Edit: installed .26 and verified outbound traffic. Seems to be working correctly. I will update further at EOB today.

Thanks.


(Andrew ) #13

Good Morning,

The v13.0.131.26 core was installed 6 days ago. No issues have been observed. Outbound calls have connected properly.

Thank you for your assistance with this,

Drew