Free pbx + openfire with asterisk-im plugin

Guys,

Its been a couple of days trying to figure out what is my problem…

I already install an asterisk with freepbx… and i was able to call from sip to sip. I assume that my asterisk is working fine.

I have a openfire and it was also working well.

I just installed a asterisk-im plugin in my openfire so that my openfire supports call.

My problem is that when I try to add my freepbx server, this is my error on my openfire

2009.06.18 15:20:10 [org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskPhoneManager.createPhoneServer(AsteriskPhoneManager.java:287)] Error connecting to Asterisk phone server
org.asteriskjava.live.ManagerCommunicationException: Unable to login

I think I have the wrong username and password on my asterisk… but when i use that password to enter my asterisk, i was able to login…

can you help me??i have been posting to igniterealtime.org ( official forum and website for openfire ) but there was no single reply for my posts there…it is very dissappointing…

Hello,

on your asterisk server, in manager*.conf, do you have configured the deny and permit to allow the remote connection from your openfire server ?
In a default installation, the permit only have 127.0.0.1 which is a local access, you have to add the ip of your openfire server.

Eric

I have a simular problem. I’m using the admin username and password defined in manager.conf. The Openfire Server is on the same LAN as FreePBX so I guess:
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
should work fine here. anyone have any other ideas as to why openfire Asterisk plugin cant connect to the FreePBX Server?

Found a good “how to” here:
http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?threads/how-to-install-openfire-and-asterisk-im-on-pbxaf-1-3.3156/

No. 127.0.0.1 is always the localhost, put your lan/netmask here.