Free pbx features

Hello All,

I was wondering what are all the features are that come with Freepbx. I have the feature set that comes with Asterisk Business addition and was wondering how freepbx compare to it. Here is the list:

AbsoluteTimeout
AddQueueMember
ADSIprog
AgentCallbackLogin
AgentLogin
AgentMonitorOutgoing
AGI
Answer
AppendCDRUserField
Authenticate
Background
BackgroundDetect
Busy
ChangeMonitor
ChanIsAvail
ChanSpy
CheckGroup
Congestion
ControlPlayback
Cut
DateTime
DBDel
DBdeltree
DBGet
DBPut
Dial
DigitTimeout
Directory
DISA
DumpChan
DUNDiLookup
Echo
Endwhile
EnumLookup
Eval
Exec
ExecIf
ExecIfTime
Flash
ForkCDR
GetCPEID
GetGroupCount
GetGroupMatchCount
Goto
GotoIf
GotoIfTime
Hangup
HasNewVoicemail
HasVoicemail
IAX2Provision
ImportVar
LookupBlacklist
LookupCIDName
Macro
MacroExit
MacroIf
MailboxExists
Math
MD5
MD5Check
MeetMe
MeetMeAdmin
MeetMeCount
Milliwatt
Monitor
MP3Player
MusicOnHold
NoCDR
NoOp
Park ParkAndAnnounce
ParkedCall
PauseQueueMember
Playback
PlayTones
Prefix
PrivacyManager
Progress
Queue
Random
Read
ReadFile
RealTime
RealTimeUpdate
RemoveQueueMember
RetryDial
ResetCDR
ResponseTimeout
Ringing
SayAlpha
SayDigits
SayNumber
SayPhonetic
SayUnixTime
SendDTMF
SetAccount
SetAMAFlags
SetCallerID
SetCallerPres
SetCDRUserField
SetCIDName
SetCIDNum
SetGlobalVar
SetGroup
SetLanguage
SetMusicOnHold
SetRDNIS
SetVar
SIPAddHeader
SIPDtmfMode
SIPGetHeader
SoftHangup
StartMusicOnHold
StopMonitor
StopMusicOnHold
StopPlayTones
StripLSD
StripMSD
Suffix
System
TestClient
TestServer
Transfer
TryServer
TXTCIDName
UnpauseQueueMember
UserEvent
Verbose
VMAuthenticate
VoiceMail
VoiceMailMain
Wait
WaitExten
WaitForRing
WaitForSilence
WaitMusicOnHold
While
Zapteller
ZapBarge
ZapScan

A real simple way to do this would be to copy/quote my post and just put an x next to the feature if freepbx supports the feature.

A feature list like the one listed in this post would be a great addition to your webpage. Or, if there is a complete feature set somewhere and I was just not able to find it, please post a link so I can compare the two. Thanks in Advance for the Help!

Aren’t these just the standard asterisk commands?

Bill/W5WAF

Unofficial feature list:

FreePBX can perform the Heimlich maneuver, but only on Swiss natives aged 48.

FreePBX has achieved Nirvana.

FreePBX can feed your cat when you’re out of town.

FreePBX’s sense of smell is approximately 200 times better than a human’s.

FreePBX has been John Malcovich.

FreePBX was a guest star on “All in the Family.”

FreePBX was the first gaming system to support more than 64 colors.

FreePBX looks hot in a bikini.

FreePBX contains no harmful lead.

No cows were harmed when making FreePBX. Unless you count the steaks and hamburgers and stuff.

FreePBX is in the running for a Nebula award for best short fiction.

FreePBX enjoys a rousing game of Battleship.

And FreePBX can [censored - click here and verify your age to remove the content filter]!

Let’s assume for the moment that the OP really is a somewhat clueless newbie, and doesn’t understand that FreePBX is built upon Asterisk and that the two work together and therefore, FreePBX supports ALL of the native Asterisk commands, but that’s not how you use FreePBX normally. You use FreePBX and let it do the hard work of writing the dial plans for you. However if you really want to get in there and write your own dial plan fragments, you can do that by putting them into extensions_custom.conf. All the Asterisk commands are still available for you to use, but you don’t have to use any of them to get your PBX up and running.

(Wait until he finds out about AsteriskNow and Elastix and PBX in a Flash - I wonder if he’ll be asking the same questions in their forums?) :smiley:

Hey Jammer:

As wiseoldowl says, those are the commands that are used if you’re going to write asterisk dialplans from scratch using a text editor. Fortunately, some very dedicated and very smart people have written a gui front end for asterisk that speaks human (I would say English, but other very smart and dedicated people have translated it into a number of languages) and allows you to configure asterisk by filling in blanks and checking tick boxes. (FreePBX). FreePBX does the dirty work of writing the dialplans and configuration files based on your input. Unless you’re doing something really custom, you’ll never see the commands/functions you’ve listed.

By the way, KODAK, when I configure the (FeedCatNow) = “turkey” command, my cat keeps getting fish, what am I doing wrong? (grin)

Bill/W5WAF

FeedCatNow can be overridden at runtime by the user. Your cat just wants fish, what can I say?

It is fair to say the the OP is a Freepbx nOOb. All I’m looking for is a list of features. A link would work great. Thanks Again for all your help.

Seriously:

The base of both is asterisk. They just have different front ends to program them. Esentially the same features that are in one distribution are available in another distribution. Depending on the front end, you just get to them in a different way.

Bill/W5WAF

Here’s a neat program:

http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/

What FreePBX can do for you is documented here:
http://freepbx.org/support/documentation/module-documentation
How to use it is documented here:
http://freepbx.org/support/documentation/administration-guide

Bill/W5WAF said:[quote]Here’s a neat program:
http://www.bitboost.com/pawsense/
[/quote]

Now if somebody could come up with DawgSense and HamsterSense and FishSense then all my computer troubles would be solved! lol