Framework module upgrade error

Just accepted the latest (2009/8/28) set of updates to core.beta2.0. During the orange progress box displays, the following displayed wrt the FRAMEWORK module.

Downloading framework 2706755 of 2706755 (100%)
Untarring..Done.
error copying framework files:
'cp -rf' from src: '/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/htdocs/*' to dst: '/var/www/html'...details follow
cp: cannot create regular file `/var/www/html/robots.txt': Permission denied
Checking for upgrades..No upgrades found
framework installed successfully

All other updates in the set were otherwise successful.

I seem to still be operational so I am unsure of the affect/consequence of the foregoing; therefore, this is information to you fine folks to access the seriousness or course of further action.

The MODULE ADMIN page is currently (post-upgrade error) displaying…

FreePBX ARI Framework 2.6.0.2 FreePBX Enabled and up to date  
FreePBX FOP Framework 2.6.0.2 FreePBX Enabled and up to date  
FreePBX Framework 2.6.0.beta2.1 FreePBX Enabled and up to date 

Thanks,
/S

8f27e956,

That would be caused because of permission issues in most circumstances.

It clearly could not copy the file, maybe because that file was already there owned by root or someone else.

You can always do ‘amportal chown’ to get your permissions sorted out although if you are running AsteriskNOW their ISO a bit broken with permissions because they insist on running with user apache for httpd but have not sorted out the requirements in the amportal.conf setup and other areas to get that to work right. (And there are a couple things in FreePBX that we need to do to help a few corner cases, bugs are open on them).

The robots.txt file was added not that long ago to the standard FreePBX build to address multitude of people who put their systems out on the open internet un-protected. It’s at least a minor feeble effort on our part to stop the search engines form allowing google to so easily find these systems that should never be exposed like they are…

'amportal chown'… done. Do I need to uninstall and [re-] install the module(s) or will it “just work” as is?

Thanks,
/S

…Anxiously awaiting V3 and freeSwitch!

:slight_smile:

Thanks,
/S

running “amportal chown” will not put that file there. If it was the only one that did not get copied, I wouldn’t bother with it. I’m sure there will be another framework update before too long given that things are looking really stable and we’ll be thinking about quickly moving this into RC1 at this rate.

Thanks … I fished robots.txt out of src-path and placed it manually. I’ll monitor the update closely.

Cheers,
/S