Framework extraction errors

Did I mess something up? I now get the following when updating framework.

[size=9]
error copying framework files:
‘cp -rf’ from src: ‘/var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/bin/*’ to dst: ‘/var/lib/asterisk/bin’…details follow
cp: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/bin/retrieve_iax_conf_from_mysql.pl' and/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_iax_conf_from_mysql.pl’ are the same file
cp: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/bin/retrieve_queues_conf_from_mysql.pl' and/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_queues_conf_from_mysql.pl’ are the same file
cp: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/bin/retrieve_sip_conf_from_mysql.pl' and/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_sip_conf_from_mysql.pl’ are the same file
cp: /var/www/html/admin/modules/framework/bin/retrieve_zap_conf_from_mysql.pl' and/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_zap_conf_from_mysql.pl’ are the same file
Checking for upgrades…No upgrades found
[/size]

?

what version of FreePBX were you upgrading from?

Roger ----------------------- Take your life in your own hands and what happens? A terrible thing -- no one to blame.

I get the same errors (and have for a few weeks). Those files are actually symlinked on my current install (2.3.0 - Framework 2.3.0.2) but the framework update is trying to copy a new version from the website to the asterisk bin directory. The error is saying that it failed and the files are the same because it was, in effect, copying the file onto itself.

I noticed that there were a number of bug reports during the beta relating to php failures when things were symlinked. Did something get changed and then changed back and our installs have not updated correctly or is there another explanation?

Greg

The files in question should never have been symlinked, they have always been part of framework. I haven not had a chance to hunt it down though as I do have an install that does the same thing. I suspect something we did at some point put them in that state - just need to track it down.

I’m actually suppose to be deleting those files as they are no longer used, I just kept messing up in the delete scripts with bugs in my paths - so they are still there. No harm done though, and the error as pointed out is simply that they are copying over themselves so… If you want you can go in and remove them by hand if the error is bothersome.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Just wondering if every symlink in the /var/lib/asterisk/bin directory should be removed or not?

I have deleted the 4 mentioned above but the following still remain:
ampbackup.pl
dumpastdb.php
fax-process.pl
restoreastdb.php
retrieve_backup_cron_from_mysql.pl

I also see a number of files symlinked in the /etc/asterisk directory:
iax.conf
sip.conf
extensions.conf
extensions.conf.ADHOC
extensions.conf.FIXES
extensions.conf.orig
extensions.conf.rej

Should these ones be kept?

Any time you hit the reload bar in FreePBX all symlinks necessary will be recreated.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx