FPBX 2.2.2 and sip.conf file, trixbox

I am having issue and I have had this with an earlier version.

In sip.conf there is some includes they look like this:

top part has been omitted.

#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
#include sip_registrations.conf
#include sip_additional.conf

my problem is with sip_registrations.conf. if it is in an order other than 1st it will not work. (now when I upgraded to 2.2.2 of free PBX this file got rewirten or somethign as sip_registrations moved from 1st 3rd or 4th in the list…

The registration never gets sent, not sure if this is a freepbx issue or a trixbox issue . as soon as I move it above the other includes it works fine.

Jim

The order should be[code:1]
#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_registrations_custom.conf
#include sip_custom.conf
[/code:1]
anything else means that it has been changed from how it is shipped with FreePBX and is likely to break something.

No my friend, this order of includes in sip.conf does not work.
My Asterisk was working fine until I have placed a router in front, after which I have set the NAT configuration, after what I had voice and signaling, but Asterisk was not recieving calls because it did not register to VSP.
So, I ve read your and few more thread and I decided to make my sip.conf bottom look like this:

; #, in this configuration file, is NOT A COMMENT. This is exactly
; how it should be.
#include sip_nat.conf
#include sip_registrations_custom.conf
#include sip_custom.conf

I have just doubled the line #include sip_registrations.conf and placed it in front!
Now all works ok.:slight_smile: I am so happy!

In fact I haven’t changed anything else, so I guess it is a bug! Since no registrations are performed with the normal sip.conf set!
There is some logic to put #include sip_registrations.conf first because it is a outbond request which is passed by NAT whatever are the settings and only afterwards configuration for incoming packets is to be set, hence the NAT traversal.
…At least this is how I think, I am a newbie, so do not except my words as a stone.

Hope I ve helped with this to some struggling newbies :wink:

Philippe is correct.

x_custom.conf files always come before the x.conf files (where x can be any name) so that you can over ride the default settings if needed. sip_nat.conf comes before them all. Unless of course you have something in your sip_nat.conf that should NOT be there, is wrong or missing something that is required.

Check you logs when it loads these files to be sure there is not a issue with the content of the file.