Forward incoming calls to parking lot automatically

Somewhat of a n00b here. Is there any way I can forward all incoming calls on my sip trunk to the parking lot? Parking lot (70) doesn’t show up on the drop down destination boxes. Is this what custom destinations is for? How do I use it?

Thanks

ok here is a dumb question. what exactly are you trying to accomplish by parking all incoming calls?

I don’t think that’s a dumb question.

What I think you’re looking for is a queue. For all intents and purposes, it would give you the “features” of a parking lot without the off-putting “ring -> music” that your callers would get going straight to the parking lot.

Putting your callers into a queue would be much more like what they would expect and you can include things like “You are caller #54 - your expected wait time is … forever.” It also lets you include things like an announcement to the effect of “Hi - welcome. I don’t like you enough to answer the phone directly”. :smile:

Thanks, I already tried using queue’s, but because of my lack of knowledge, I had difficulty not only getting my softphone to ring (user name (Local/[email protected]/n from hint:[email protected]) (ringinuse enabled) (dynamic) (Invalid) has taken no calls yet), but my mobile wouldn’t ring either. I think it might be to do with contexts but I don’t understand everything (anything?) yet. Instead I now park the call (you can play MOH instead of ring @bksales). Followme rings my mobile first (as a notification - I let it time-out) Then, using a custom destination, my mobile inbound gets forwarded to the first parking slot (71), I am only expecting one person to call at any one time.

The reason I am doing all this instead of taking the call is so I don’t have to pay, it’s free to receive calls, but not to have them forwarded to my mobile which is 10p/min. Somehow, I got a local SIP number for free years ago, and it still works!