Forward Call in IVR, Release Call from PBX once Forwarded

Hi,

I have the following situation, and I am wondering if there is a way to “release” the PBX once the call has been forward, basically using it as a jumpbox.

Incoming Call > FreePBX Box > IVR > Press 2 > Forwards Call to different provider.

Currently I am forwarding the call via a ring group. (Side fact, is there a better way to do this, while keeping the origin Caller ID? Tried with an outbound route, but didn’t get it working well).

The problem is I do not want the PBX to be needed during an ongoing call, rather just there to make the transition, and “releases” the call once it has been forwarded.

Let me know if more details are needed! Thanks.

There is not a way to do such a thing.

Looks like you need a SIP proxy, perhaps look at Dsiprouter as a ‘jump box’ between your trunks and your Asterii, The calls arrive at DSiprouter (or any SIP router) , are initially forwarded to FreePBX which does it’s stuff, then returned to DSipRouter with a SIP ‘diversion’ header.

Please explain why that matters (insufficient horsepower or network bandwidth, charges for network traffic, degraded quality because of packet loss or jitter, etc.)

If both legs are unencrypted and using the same codec, then enabling the Direct Media option on both trunks should cause audio to bypass the PBX and flow directly between the providers, though Asterisk remains in the signaling path.

If you have some reason to also release the PBX from signaling, it may be possible, depending on the providers. For better advice, please post: Who are the providers you are using now? What country is then incoming number in? What countries are being called?

Simply put this is not a forwarded call. The caller has reached the PBX, the IVR has answered the call, the pressing of an IVR option then tells the PBX to open a new channel and dial out.

So it doesn’t matter if there is a SIP proxy sitting in front of the PBX or not either. The call is being answered by the PBX and the PBX is making an outbound call and bridging channels together. The ability to just forward the call and avoid the PBX means the IVR is lost and can’t be used.

We are based in Canada (as is the incoming number). Outbound calls shouldn’t be affected, as they are not utilizing the PBX.

Our normal setup is as follows:
VoipMS > FreePBX

We recently had to move a subset of users off the PBX, as they were experiencing call quality problems (network jitter, echoing, VMs dropping, etc). After trying to diagnose the problems, we decided the easiest solution was to migrate them to directly VoipMS.

The problem that stood was they still needed to receive incoming calls from the main line, which destined for FreePBX IVR.

So now the setup for that subset looks like:
VoipMS > FreePBX IVR > VoipMS.

I know this is double the costs (not concerned), but it was either this type of hop or moving the FreePBX IVR to VoipMS, which is not feasible (utilize Direct Dial, many IVR routes, etc).

Is there a way to tell VoipMS that the call is back in their court, and for the PBX to be released from signalling?

Please see my previous reply. This is not call forwarding at all. This is the PBX answer a call and then originating a new channel to dial because of an option pressed in the IVR. As I said the only way to truly forward this call will loss the ability to use the IVR. IVRs answers the call.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.