FOP2 and Intercom and dtmf --I need help please

Here is a little background on the problem that I am having: We are using FOP2 to initiate outbound phone calls. I wanted to make it so that the agent’s phone would automatically go off hook instead of forcing them to answer. Following the documentation for FOP2 I placed Local/*80{EXTEN}@from-internal into the originate channel field. This worked how I expected. The problem is that when I make use of *80, the dtmf tones don’t work any more. What I mean is that by dialing this way if the agent tries to dial an option in an ivr or voicemail, nothing happens. I did a little testing outside of FOP2 to see if the issue was something there. When I dialed my extension from another phone, I could hear the dtmf tones when I pressed keys on my extension. If I used *80 and dialed my extension, I could no longer hear the dtmf tones. Is there a setting that disables them in intercom mode?

I forgot to mention that we are on version 2.6.0.1

Please let me know if my explanation is unclear.

Thank you.

As a workaround for this I added these 2 lines into extensions_custom.conf:

exten => _*33.,1,SIPAddHeader(Alert-Info: Ring Answer)
exten => _*33.,n,Goto(from-internal,${EXTEN:3},1

Now if I dial *33 and my extension, auto answer and the dtmf tones work properly. The problem is that this causes some other issues when used in conjunction with FOP2. I have narrowed down that the DTMF issues occur when I use *80, but I can’t figure out why.

I am a novice with the dial plan. I would like to be able to use *80 but I can’t because of the dtmf issue. My *33 code does work for the auto answer, but apparently I simplified it too much.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am trying to learn the dialplan, but there is still a lot I don’t understand. Surely I can’t be the only one who has used *80 to get FOP2 initiated calls to auto answer.