FOP2 and FreePBX

Sometimes it is good to reevaluate your systems , your phones are probably already task based, the phone in the kitchen probably doesn’t need the bosses extension as a blf/dss , similarly the folks in AR or AP might have reasonable need to access the CFO , but probably not the transport manager, so horses for courses both with your phones and hopefully your extension to the PC, nowadays you need to make that at least two PC’s the one on the desk and the one in the pocket, FOP2 makes that feasible with the same sign on , and with little effort , extend that function to the one at home.

The basic unit is a button, but that can be an extension or a queue or a ring group or a trunk or group of trunks, the queue buttons etc. that represent a dynamic set , are also dynamic. The basic extension button by default has two associated calls and a dynamic representation of current state ringing, hold vacant etc. And also the presence of that extension online changes the color, so all in all there is a lot that can be seen, but the human brain tends to loose important detail of immersed in ‘noise’, personally , unless I was a receptionist , one hundred extensions with all those varying flags, would count as noise on my desktop and total clutter on my cell phone. As is the flashing of incoming calls.

Anyway, If you read the fop2.cfg file , it not only covers the basics but gives hints as to what can be done to further customize, with very little investment of time, you can give each user what they need specifically and not expect them to scroll through irrelevant data points

As you can guess, I personally like the thoughtful design and the ease of customizing iit,

I suggest that you might want to spend an hour or two reaquainting yourself with all its features, both old and new.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.