Follow me repeating hunting or allow duplicates in list

We use an extension like as a picket number. We reach us via cell phones which are entered in the follow me list. The list is used as a hunting group. So far ok.

The cell phones have a ring time limite of 25 seconds. Afterwards their voicemail is answering. Therefore we have set the ring time of follow me to 20 seconds. Afterwards next line we be called. After all tried we play an annoucement to call later again. We don’t want to have an endless loop.

Often 24 seconds isn’t enough time to answer the cell phone. So I want to hang-up and call again.

Because we can’t set a repeat counter like “try x times”. I thought to set same number twice in a list eg.
079XXXXXXX#
079XXXXXXX#
076YYYYYYY#
076YYYYYYY#

or
079XXXXXXX#
076YYYYYYY#
079XXXXXXX#
076YYYYYYY#

Unfortunately the script “dialparties.agi” says “Extension ‘079XXXXXX’ already in the dialstring, ignoring duplicate”. So also this flexible way to repeat a number isn’t possible at the moment.

Isn’t it possible to allow duplicates via an option switch or generally if ring strategy is “hunt”?

Thanks.

You can’t add an extension or an external number twice in a FM list, Ring Group or Queue.
If you want a call to ring again at a specific destination you have to set Failover to either come back to the same Group or to another Group that has that destination again.

Hope that works.

Yes, I know all what you write. With your proposal to set failover to same extension we would produce an endless loop until caller hangs up. To build a chain of two or more extensions with follow me would be possible but a little bit strange and not comfortable to setup for serveral extensions.

Two more options would be perfect:

• “retry”: count of how many times each number ist called before using next number or a ring timeout which is shorter than ring time (behavior like in queues with “max wait time” and “timeout”)
  • “repeat follow me list” before using destination in “no answer”.

These setting coul be done in advanced setting because the only goal is to give more time to callee before voicemail of his cell phone is ansering (especially while hunting).