Follow Me feature not working

We’re currently using Freepbx 2.2.3. Just to give you a background, someone installed it before I was hired by my company. We are trying to use the FollowME feature. It works fine internally (i.e., when an office phone dials another office phone, after a few rings, it dials the cell number (next extension). This doesn’t work for external calls. After the phone rings a few times, it will go straight to voicemail. If you press 0, and enter the extension again, it will ring the phone, THEN it will try the next extension (the cell number). We currently have just one route and one trunk setup. Could this be the problem? Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

One trunk could be the problem if that trunk is an analog (pots) line, in which case you would only be able to have a single call in progress to the PSTN. This would not allow an incoming call (from PSTN) to be routed out to the PSTN.

Ron
It looks like that that is the problem, we do have an analog line. Can we create something within where it can grab another line and use that to dial externally?