Firstboot script error

Hello,

Firstpost here, please forgive my lack of experience with this.

Today I downloaded the iso’s for FreePBX Distro

beta-3.211.63-1 (release date 12/09/2012)
stable-2.210.62-1 (release date 12/09/2012)

When trying to install the distro on a VMware vSPhere 5 virtual machine, eventually I get an error during the firstboot script:

Some firstboot error occured, blahblahblah. The default message.

I have confirmed I have internet access by pinging google.com.

[[email protected] ~]# ping google.com
PING google.com (173.194.65.113) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ee-in-f113.1e100.net (173.194.65.113): icmp_seq=1 ttl=51 time=5.46 ms
64 bytes from ee-in-f113.1e100.net (173.194.65.113): icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=5.37 ms
^C
google.com ping statistics —
2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1307ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 5.374/5.420/5.467/0.087 ms
[[email protected] ~]#

So that works. But why the error?
The installation log shows:
/var/log/pbx/install/firstboot.log

Install iSymphony

/usr/bin/yum -q -y install iSymphonyServer-fpbx-*

  • /usr/bin/yum -q -y install ‘iSymphonyServer-fpbx-*’
    /usr/lib/yum-plugins/kmod.py:25: DeprecationWarning: the sets module is deprecated
    from sets import Set, ImmutableSet
    Package iSymphonyServer-fpbx-2.7.1_3989-1.noarch already installed and latest version
    sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
  • sudo -u asterisk /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
    found language dir fr for directory, not installed on system, skipping
    [FATAL] SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS UNSIGNED) [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.users’ doesn’t exist]SQL -
    SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS$

Trace Back:

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:11 die_freepbx()
[0]: SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS UNSIGNED) [nativecode=1146 ** Table ‘asterisk.users’ doesn’t exist]SQL -
SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS U$

/var/www/html/admin/modules/core/functions.inc.php:5143 sql()
[0]: SELECT extension, name FROM users ORDER BY CAST(extension AS UNSIGNED)
[1]: getAll
[2]: 2

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/usage_registry.functions.php:33 core_check_extensions()
[0]: 1

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/usage_registry.functions.php:418 framework_check_extension_usage()
[0]: 1
[1]:

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:588 framework_list_extension_conflicts()
[0]:

traperr
++ traperr
++ declare -i i
++ declare -i nestlevel
++ declare Message=
++ nestlevel=2
++ (( 2 <= 2 ))
++ echo 'ERROR: /etc/pbx_first_boot.sh:157 '
ERROR: /etc/pbx_first_boot.sh:157
++ (( 0 >= 3 ))
++ echo -e ‘Some firstboot error occured, and the system is not properly setup.\nCheck to see if you have internet access and re-run /etc/pbx-first-boot.sh\nPress ctrl-alt-f1 to continue’
++ exit 1

The fatal error is a mysql table that does not exist. Why isn’t this table created? When I create it, will the script safely continue? What should i put in it?

Thanks in advance.

please note, it doesn’t matter wether i take the stable or beta release, it doesn’t matter if i use asterisk 10, 11 or 1.8, and also the option for no raid, or advanced or normal does not matter… All tested.

No clue, that’s a FreePBX table.

Installed 2 systems today from the current ISO without issue.

Other than that, don’t know what to tell you.

It is an odd place for the script to fail.

any clue where the script should create the table? i can provide ssh access if anyone would like to look around.

That actually looks to be the same issue Andrew just fixed in SVN 1/1/2013. However I’m only aware of this affecting FreePBX 2.11 which means the stable release should not be affected. This would have happened with very early freepbx-2.11.0beta2 rpms that accidentally made it’s way into the beta track. From my understanding the rpm was only introduced to the beta track for a short period of time before the error was caught. We also updated the beta2 rpm to resolve this issue yesterday morning.

The changeset can be found at http://www.freepbx.org/trac/changeset/14895.

so if i understand correctly, I will edit the file freepbx/branches/2.11/SQL/newinstall.sql and add the second ‘off’ so the line show up as in the changeset and then rerun the firstboot script.

I’ll try that tomorrow. Thank you very much already. I hope it works. I’ll let you know if it does.

downloaded the new iso and it works like a charm. Thank you veryvery much for the fast solutions.

Download and install the latest -3 ISOs