First BLF Key Stays Green Even Though Not a BLF

We are running FreePBX 14 with Sangoma s705 phones. In my BLF programable keys I have the first key labeled as Page and set as a speed dial to the page extension in the PBX. My issue is that if you boot the phone the light for that button will be off as it should but the first time you make a call on the phone that light turns solid green and stays green. Its like the light for that button thinks it is a Line key or BLF key but I just have it programmed as a speed dial. Rebooting the phone makes the go off again like it should be until you use the phone to make a call. I have run all the available system and module updates.

That does sound odd. This is all being configured using Endpoint Manager, correct? Can you tell us which Firmware version the phone is running? Can you give some more details about this part:

In my BLF programable keys I have the first key labeled as Page and set as a speed dial to the page extension in the PBX.

Assuming we’re looking at the Line Keys section for the model(or from UCP), do you mean the speed dial key is set for “Line Key 1”? If that is the case, I wonder if things will be different if you had the Speed dial set to another line key.

It may also help to know what you have in the phone’s actual configuration file(/tftpboot/cfg[mac].xml). However, you don’t want to share the entires contents here, since it includes some very sensitive data(registration info). If you know which line key the speed dial is configured for, we can figure out which pcodes to look at based on this wiki, since we’re only concerned with the settings for the line key:
https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Sangoma+P+Codes

Yes I have it set up in Endpoint manager. Here is a screenshot of how I have the buttons set:

When I log into the phone it shows the firmware being:
BOOT–3.0.4.30(2017-11-16 13:37:00)
IMG–3.0.4.78.(2020-09-14 19:08:00)
ROM–3.0.4.78.(2020-09-14 19:08:00)
DSP–9.0.3(Patch 1.0.16)

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.