Firewall is not running! File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17

I have 3 FreePBX servers that have throw this error. I have made no major changes to any of them, I keep them up to date with YUM update and Module Admin weekly.

Server Version: FreePBX 13.0.197.23

On the server command line they all periodically show:
“Broadcast message from root@servername (Tue Jul 21 11:15:09 2020)
Firewall service now starting.”

On the firewall status page I get red error boxes with the error: “Firewall is not running! File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17”

/tmp/firewall.err is full of this entry: “iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.”

/tmp/firewall.log shows (I don’t use PBXact not sure why its complaining about a licence):
"PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Firewall is not running!’ in /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17
Stack trace:
#0 phar:///var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld/firewall.php(557): FreePBX\modules\Firewall\Attacks->__construct(1000)
#1 phar:///var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld/firewall.php(225): updateFirewallRules(true)
#2 /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/hooks/voipfirewalld(3): include(‘phar:///var/www…’)
#3 {main}
thrown in /var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php on line 17
1595352620: Monitoring parent (voipfirewalld) died. Shutting down!
PHP Warning: No license for this product (PBXact) - make sure zend_loader.license_path is properly configured in your ini file! in /usr/lib/sysadmin/licensed.php on line 0
PHP Warning: License check failed! in /usr/lib/sysadmin/licensed.php on line 0
Starting firewall.
1595353510: Wall: 'Firewall service now starting.

’ returned 0
FATAL: Module ip_conntrack_ftp not found.
FATAL: Module nf_conntrack_ftp not found.
FATAL: Module ip_conntrack_tftp not found.
FATAL: Module nf_conntrack_tftp not found."

/var/log/messages: “Jul 21 11:30:09 x php: Wall: ‘Firewall service now starting.#012#012’ returned 0”

I have tried:
fwconsole chown ; fwconsole stop ; fwconsole start;
fwconsole ma downloadinstall firewall
I have used the module admin page to uninstall/re-install the firewall module.

Any Ideas on what I should try next?

Copy all of your documentation to a Support Ticket too. That way, we can be sure the developers can see the issue. While Sangoma is pretty good about copying issues from the forum into tickets, something this important should be proactively managed.

Hi @ClearAl

Please update your sysadmin RPM i.e. “yum update sysadmin”

Regards
Kapil

2 Likes

Done. Did a fwconsole restart to ensure it loaded new module and no change.

That only restarts the Asterisk process, so it might not have restarted everything that the system needs for that YUM update…

Whenever I do Yum updates, I always (probably unnecessarily) reboot my machine so I know that everything is working together.

1 Like

Nope. Full reboot did not change anything.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.