Firewall is not running! File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17

After latest module upgrades firewall is no longer running. FreePBX 14.0.1.36. On the Dashbaord, Firewall has the red “X”. This system has been functional for 6 months with no problems. Under the firewall settings the only option is to disable firewall. Responsive firewall is enabled. Allowed networks and trusted networks are there. Correct interface is showing. Receive the following message when checking firewall status:

Firewall is not running! File:/var/www/html/admin/modules/firewall/Attacks.class.php:17

2 Likes

I have the same problem, idea, how can I solve it?

Thank you

I tried:
fwconsole chown
fwconsole ma downloadinstall firewall
fwconsole --edge ma downloadinstall firewall
to no avail…

Can you paste the firewall log? Just run ‘pastebin /tmp/firewall.log’ and then send me a message with the link (it will contain IP addresses that you may not want to make public)

Just sent it to you.

Same here. Hopefully They will get it figured out. Worked fine until last upgrade.

Same thing - your PHP version is saying new, your iptables is saying old 8-\

1 Like

So what do we need to do to upgrade the iptables?

If you run ‘yum update’ are there any updates available?

Yes. Its updating now. Go in all the time and do the module updates. Didn’t even think about the system yum updates.

Can you please paste the complete log of the update (Pasting here is fine, or a pastebin, there’s nothing secret)

hold my hand, do you want me to do the same thing as before, or something different?

Just copy and paste what the complete yum update output is here, or in a message, it doesn’t matter. Here is probably easiest.

Built this system from scratch in July. There were 678 updates. Its still going. As soon as finished do I just highlight whats on the screen, copy, and paste?

678 updates, ok, so that means you’ve never updated. That’s all I needed to know, no need to copy and paste 8)

Got through that, now dashboard is showing: Critical error

File /etc/dahdi/modules is not owned by asterisk

File /etc/modprobe.d/dahdi.conf is not owned by asterisk
Show All

now getting error in UCP

Unable to connect to the UCP Node Server because: ‘Error: xhr poll error’

Everything just needs to be restarted. Run these (note, calls will drop)

fwconsole chown
fwconsole stop
fwconsole start
1 Like

Thank you so much. That fixed it. Firewall is showing as working now and no other errors. I appreciate you taking the time to hold my hand on some of the commands.

1 Like

You probably got a kernel update in that mix, so a reboot is wise.