Filesystem loop

I did a restart of one of my FreePBX Distros version 3.211.63-8 and saw this error. It looks like a bug so I will open a ticket. Just wondering if anyone else see this?

SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS Permissions OK Removing any dangling symlinks find: File system loop detected; `/var/www/html/admin/images/images/images' is part of the same file system loop as `/var/www/html/admin/images/images'. find: File system loop detected; `/var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/images/images' is part of the same file system loop as `/var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/images'. Dangling symlinks removed

If I cd to /var/www/html/admin/images there is a link to images -> /tftpboot/images/

I can keep on CDing to images for ever and if I do a PWD I get

/var/www/html/admin/images/images/images/images

Quite sure to have seen it also on my FreePBX Distro 4.211.64-6 after a reboot. I’m trying to look for those messages in my Logs but I’m sure I saw a similar message (in particular: Removing any dangling symlinks).

In my case /var/www/html/admin/images is a link to /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/images/images:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 asterisk asterisk 50 Aug 12 13:18 images -> /var/www/html/admin/modules/endpoint/images/images

I have End Point Manager Pro (Commercial version) and I removed the OSS version one.

I can keep too:

[root@freepbx images]# cd images/
[root@freepbx images]# pwd
/var/www/html/admin/images/images
/var/www/html/admin/images/images/images
/var/www/html/admin/images/images/images/images
/var/www/html/admin/images/images/images/images/images

Don’t know if it is a bug or what but if you’re going to open a Ticket for that I’ll vote for you.

Best regards, Davide.

That would happen if you had a link that pointed to a point above it in the filestructure.

ie…

/etc/test/stuff
In stuff you have a link that points back to /etc/test.

Then you would see a structure like you’re describing.

BF

More than likely, you have a link in images that is pointing back to images. In:

/var/www/html/admin/images/

You’re going to likely find a link that points back to “/var/www/html/admin/images/”

Why that happened, I can’t say, athough I’ve seen it happen in other linux installation. where I’ve seen it, I’ve just removed the link.