File Issue with Call Recording

Newb here with a brand new installation of FreePBX 15.0.16.73. I have most things working but I am having a problem with call recording.

I set up call recording for one of my extensions. After a call is recorded it can be found as a wav file with a numeric name in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/. However, another 1kb file with the expected type-destination-source-datestamp-timestamp-uniqueid name is also present in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2020/09/01. I thought the recording would have been moved to the date sub-directory but all I am getting is this empty 1kb file. What could be causing this?

Check the permissions on both directories. If they are suspicious, use “fwconsole chown” to repair them and see if that helps.

A 1K recording file is either from an empty call (no audio) or “too short” a call for the monitor management software to save it.

I ran “fwconsole chown” and the only thing that changed is that files created after that are rw-r–r-- whereas the ones created before that were rw-rw-r–.

Just to be clear, the call is being recorded as I can listen to it in the file located in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ This last one was named 1599000754.65.wav. There is also still a corresponding 1kb file in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2020/09/01 named internal-2600-2107-20200901-175234-1599000754.65.wav They both have the same timestamp of 5:52:53.

Update - I figured out why I have two files being created.

1. Lenny is calling MixMonitor

/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf

[Lenny]
exten => talk,1,Set(i=${IF($[“0${i}”=“016”]?7:$[0${i}+1])})
same => n,ExecIf($[${i}=1]?MixMonitor(${UNIQUEID}.wav))
same => n,Playback(Lenny/Lenny${i})
same => n,BackgroundDetect(Lenny/backgroundnoise,1500)

1. Lenny’s extension is also set to record calls.

So now if I delete the Lenny MixMonitor line such that only the extension is doing the recording, I only get the 1kb file in /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2020/09/01.

If I go the other way and leave in the Lenny MixMonitor line and turn off extension level call recording I only get wav file recorded to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/.

Any other ideas on why I am getting these 1kb files? My desired outcome is to get a complete file to /var/spool/asterisk/monitor/2020/09/01

Update 2

Found this post

and changed

/etc/asterisk/extensions_custom.conf

to

[Lenny]
exten => talk,1,Set(i=${IF($[“0${i}”=“016”]?7:$[0${i}+1])})
same => n,ExecIf($[${i}=1]?MixMonitor(${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y/%m/%d)}/itslenny-${CALLERID(dnid)}-${CALLERID(num)}-${STRFTIME(${EPOCH},%Y%m%d-%H%M%S)}-${UNIQUEID}.wav)

same => n,Playback(Lenny/Lenny${i})
same => n,BackgroundDetect(Lenny/backgroundnoise,1500)

It is working the way I want it to now.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.