I’m using FreePBX Distro 220.127.116.11. I cannot seem to get the feature codes to work correctly. I’m using Aastra 9143i phones.
What touched this all off was my previous inability to press ## and get any response from Asterisk. I was trying to get my call parking working, and I was told (some weeks ago) to use the Sprecode feature of the phone. That is when I discovered that the tag that Endpoint manager was sending for sprecodes was incorrect. The template got updated, the parking lot started working via sprecode (but not by pressing ##), and I moved on.
Well, I would like to be able to record calls by keying *1 on the phone. I am able to do ONE and only ONE on-demand recording after a system reboot, but then I cannot subsequently record any calls via on-demand. I can set incoming our outgoing to “Always” and then it records for me every single time, but I’d like to be able to do the *1.
I found this thread:
And made sure I had “wW” added to “Dial command options” (it is now “trwW”) and “W” added to “Outbound dial command options” (it is now “W”).
I tried adding featuredigittimeout=3000 to features_general_custom.conf.
I made sure my DTMF was set to “via RTP (RFC2833)” (it was).
I added the following to my phone’s dial plan via Endpoint manager:
So it was:
Nothing has seemed to help.
One of the tests I’m trying is just to press ** during a call, which according to the feature codes should disconnect the call. But the *'s are apparently transmitted to the other side instead of being intercepted by Asterisk, because the party I’m calling can the tones.
I hope I’ve provided enough information. Please let me know if there is anything else which would be helpful.