Feature code not working properly - I have attaached a video of the problem - Please help

Objective: Be able to send callers to a colleagues voice mail by pressing *ExtensionNumber

Environment:
FreePBX 2.5.1.1
Asterisk 1.4.14

Problem description:

Scenario1:
The feature code to transfer the call to the voicemail directly works when:

1. I press *ExtenNumber
  2. Then hit the dial key

Scenario2:
The feature code to directly transfer the call to the voicemail does not work when:

1. I press New Call.
  2. Then press the *ExtensionNumber
  3. Then press the send key

I think there may be something to this.

I have a Polycom 650 in my home office, sometime in the last few weeks my feature codes stopped working.

This is my test system and I have built several Asterisk versions with a bunch of patches so I did not give it much of a thought. The odd thing is I can use the message button which sends the same feature code I can’t dial from the keypad.

All the SNOM’s and ATA’s still work.

I am traveling tomorrow but when I get back in the evening I will have a look at what is going on and post my results.

Thanks for your reply. If there is some test you want me to do let me know and I will be happy to run them and post the results here.

Here is the software details for the Polycom 650.

BootBlock: 2.7.0 (12600_001)
SIP Version: 2.0.2.0127

vikas,

Please remove the advertising signature link from your posts or you might suddenly get a bill for it. If you’d like to advertise on this site please go through proper channels but doing it this way will either get you a bill you are not expecting, banned, or something worse.

Thanks.

Besides debt consolidation services have NOTHING to do with FreePBX.

fskrotzki I am going to send an email to the site admin asking if my signature is allowed in the forums. If the site admin says no I would be happy to remove it,

Thanks for your suggestion,

Vikas

vikas,
the email you were going to send never made it to us, but the signatures as such are generally not agreeable. I’ve removed it, if you want to put a more agreeable signature in your profile, feel free to go back and edit it.

Thanks Philippe … I tried calling you on the support phone number yesterday and also looked around the site for your email address …

Thanks for removing the signature,

Vikas

It finally works it came down to a local phone configuration setting inside the Polycom 650 called “Digitmap”

I added a digitmap string as “*8xxx” Since all my extension numbers start with 8 and are 4 digits long.

After I added this digitmap the calls can be easily transferred to the voice mail.

Thanks,

Vikas Kedia