Feature Code for Followme

I know this has to be easy, but I’ve drawn a blank.

I need to have a user be able to activate/deactivate followme by dialing into the system and entering a code.

unfortunately, that’s a flaw in the follow-me feature code.

It’s always been my intention to correct that but it has not been done. Feel free to file a ticket against that.

In the interim. it’s probably going to be somewhat custom.

Here is the crux, the current dialplan expects the user to be calling local to the system:

exten => s,n,Macro(user-callerid,)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/followme/ddial)}" = "EXTENSION"]?activate)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${DB(AMPUSER/${AMPUSER}/followme/ddial)}" = "DIRECT"]?deactivate:end)

The call to Macro(user-callerid) set’s ${AMPUSER} to be the user. It ultimately get’s set to the first Caller ID it encounters but if that is not a valid user then the rest won’t matter. There is no prompting to have them put in a user.

Even if you send them to the auto-generated hint that simply does a goto to this app. People have worked around this using things like DISA access with Caller ID set as the user extension. It really does need a ‘proper’ solution though so feel free to file a ticket so we don’t lose track of addressing it, though it’s probably not going to be until the next milestone.