Fcc robocall list

Be careful Ward, posting breadcrumbs to code here which is by privileged access only by any means here will get your ass bit surely :wink: Man up make it open source , that was your call originally , no? . . .

What does this even mean.

My guess, Just wait and you will see. . .

Not sure I understand the comment?? The FreePBX folks prefer not to have hot links to other sites in posts. I was merely respecting their wishes.

The code we developed was released under GPL2. That’s about as open source as one can get. :innocent:

Ver. 1 of the script did not include licensing details. This is @dicko making this point in his unique way.

Hi, @lgaetz. Good to see you’re still alive. Just to clarify… We develop experimental products on a public forum with over 10,000 members. It’s by no means an exclusive club. Anyone can join and participate. The code was released yesterday morning and went through four releases yesterday and one more this morning. The missing GPL2 license was an oversight that was corrected within a couple hours of the initial release. There was no comment/concern expressed by you or anyone else. When we noticed the omission, we fixed it sua sponte. Not sure why this would be newsworthy to anyone that followed development of the scripts yesterday, but every forum has its own “unique” personality. :unamused:

well, the link given to follow is :-

http://pbxinaflash.com/community/index.php?attachments/import-fcc-blacklist-tar-gz.1913/

which demands that you need to register and login in to download it.

My version

service asterisk stop
curl -ks  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/theme_assets/513073/200051444/Telemarketing_RoboCall_Weekly_Data.csv |grep -Eo "[0-9\-]{12}"|sort -u|awk -F '-' '{print "/blacklist/"$1$2$3"|ROBOCALL"}' > robocalls
    sqlite3 -header -column /var/lib/asterisk/astdb.sqlite3 'delete FROM astdb WHERE key LIKE "/blacklist%" AND value = "ROBOCALL" '
    sqlite3  /var/lib/asterisk/astdb.sqlite3  ".import robocalls astdb"
service sterisk start

Asterisk’ use of sqlite3 is thread safe but not multiuser safe, so you might want to cron that script at a low use time to prevent “lock errors”

Wasn’t aware that there was any forum software that would let you download files without being a registered user. If that’s too burdensome, we provided an email address to which you could request that a copy of the code be emailed to you. After that, you can post the GPL2 code anywhere you like. However, during initial development, we prefer to limit downloads to those actively participating in the testing and refinement of the code… if you consider restricting downloads to 10,000+ users a limitation. As indicated, anyone is more than welcome and, in fact, encouraged to register and participate in that process. It’s kinda what open source development is all about.

As soon as the early bugs are shaken out of the code (typically about a week), we will publish an article on Nerd Vittles with a download link that requires no registration.

As for your code snippet, I would be reluctant to use SQLite 3 to directly modify AstDB while it is in use by Asterisk. That is asking for serious problems and, in fact, you will typically get locking errors in the process. I think you’ll find the approach used in our code to be safer and more reliable. It relies upon Asterisk to both delete and populate the blacklist. Reading from AstDB using SQLite 3 is safe. Physically modifying the contents of AstDB using SQLite 3 is not IMHO.

I noted that locking problem. forgot to stop asterisk first in my poist, I will change that

let asterisk do the locking when necessary

#!/bin/bash
curl -ks  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/theme_assets/513073/200051444/Telemarketing_RoboCall_Weekly_Data.csv |grep -Eo "[0-9\-]{12}"|sort -u|awk -F '-' '{print "/blacklist/"$1$2$3"|ROBOCALL"}' > robocalls
rasterisk -x ' database query "delete from astdb WHERE key LIKE \"/blacklist%\" AND value = \"ROBOCALL\" "'
sqlite3  /var/lib/asterisk/astdb.sqlite3  ".import robocalls astdb"

Github is fantastic for open source collaboration and doesn’t require any login to view or download code. Anyone with a login can collaborate and provide pull request to allow full community involvement. BONUS: It is free.

On a side note Discourse (the forum software used here) allows files to be downloaded without registration.

4 Likes