It has now been a little over a month since Tony Lewis announced the release of the new FreePBX Market Place. We have had an excellent response from the FreePBX community on the Professional Modules that have been released thus far. With that said it is apparent that the FaxPro module has stirred up the most interest. I wanted to put this blog out to answer the most common questions I have been getting and explain a little more about the module itself.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions on FaxPro.
Q. What is the FaxPro module?
A. The Fax Pro module is a reliable, robust inbound/outbound faxing server. You simply enable faxing for any user on the system; then you point a phone number to specific fax user and let the FaxPro module answer the fax call.
Q. Does the FaxPro module work with T.38?
A. T.38 is handled by asterisk behind the scenes and has nothing to do with the FaxPro module. As long as your system is configured properly you can utilize both inbound and outbound t.38.
Q. Can I use FaxPro with my Trixbox / Elastix / Brand X deployment?
A. No. The FaxPro module can only be used with the FreePBX Distro.
Q. I have a standard Asterisk server, can I use the FaxPro module?
A. No. Again the FaxPro module can only be used with the FreePBX Distro.
Q. How is outbound faxing handled?
A. Outbound faxing is done through a web interface on your FreePBX Distro server. Simply enter the phone number you are faxing to and upload a PDF you would like to fax.
Q. I have a custom asterisk deployment. Can you work with me to implement a faxing solution?
A. We are always happy to discuss the scope of your project to determine if there is an opportunity for us to help. Please contact us.
- Individual inbound Fax to Email account for unlimited users. [/b]
- This allows all of your users to have inbound faxes delivered directly to there inboxes. No need to stand by a fax machine to wait for an incoming fax.
- Outbound Faxes from PDF's. [/b]
- Outbound faxing made easy! Instead of walking across the office to a fax machine simply select the PDF that you want to send. This makes sending faxes quick and easy!
- Simple web interface to manage inbound and outbound faxes. [/b]
- We have made viewing and managing faxes simple with a straight forward web interface.
- Have all inbound and outbound faxes stored on the server for easy viewing and archiving. [/b]
- Access your Faxes from anywhere! Great feature for reviewing a quote you sent last month, or checking your inbound faxes when away from your office computer.
- Create company wide fax coversheets that allow easy customization for each user. [/b]
- Allow easy customization of Cover Sheets for every user!
Here are some screenshots of the FaxPro Module.