FAX to Disk

With FreePBX, is there a way to save fax image files locally to the PBX instead of sending them out as an email?
I have a customer that wants to have FAX images saved to a directory on a file server and was thinking that if there was a way to have FreePBX save the image locally I could write a script that watches the folder on the local PBX and uploads the images to that server when they arrive.

Thanks!

I would like to do the same thing. I see the faxes in /var/spool/asterisk/fax in pdf format but the file name it creates makes no sense to me. I would like to know where the filename comes from

hbonath,

As thorpe6278 pointed out, the fax files are stored in /var/spool/asterisk/fax. The filename is the uniqueid, and can be cross referenced with the uniqueid in the asteriskcdrdb database.

With that said if your users are used to using ARI, we offer a commercial module called Fax Pro which may make your life easier.

Would the commercial module make it easier to get the files? I would like to have the ability for the files to be accessed directly in the directory like with SFTP etc so we can use them for other things.

With the commercial module, management of inbound and outbound faxes is done inside the ARI.