Fax errore: FAXSTATUS=FAILED

For whom will get into the same problem.
Using Patton gateway with freePBX is a little tricky. Anyway you can receive fax via mail using exactly the rules given by the manual, you only have to add 1 at the “Pause Before Answer” into the Inbound dedicated route fr the FAX

So just one second of waiting to let incoming (FAX) call to be managed correctly or there are other settings to apply/to consider when deploying PATTON SmartNode 4xxx series with Asterisk+FreePBX?

P.S.
I’m going to evaluate PATTON SmartNode 4634 (so a member of 4600 series) with FreePBX Distro on an Euro-ISDN BRI in Italy (So basically a Telecom Italia NT1 PtMP with two numbers, one dedicated to Voice calls and the other one to FAX calls). Have you a good running config to show me/us? Any advice about SmartNode’s Firmware revision to use?

Yes: just one second and the Patton sends the fax to the trunk. No other conf needed except the suggested ones (like virtual fax extension, dedicated fax trunk, and default email sender - so you do not need to configure Postfix mail server).
I have a very good config but it’s for the old 4554 firmware 5.1.
Be aware: do not use last firmware with old hardware otherwise you’ll need to reflash Patton!!
If you need I can post you my Patton config, but you need to study your hardware. Anyway Patton it’s a very good ISDN gateway but difficult to config. If you need GSM gateway use Portech MV-370 easy and plug&play.

Hi JJ, thanks for your answer.

By now I don’t know which Firmware my SmartNode 4634 gateways have (I still need to check this part…) but I’m going to follow your advices.
Eventually I’ll ask you a copy of your SmartNode 4554’s configuration (just to have a look at it, maybe it can be easily adapted to SmartNode 4634, as much as possible).

Davide.