Fatal error

Hi All,

I went to log onto the a FreePBX-Distro ( Stable-1.815.210.58 ) and I see the below message.

I’ve ssh’d into the console and any reboot type of command (shutdown -r now, reboot) just freezes the console and doesn’t do anything… I need to restart the ssh session to be able to use the console again.

What you see when going to the FreePBX via the browser

FATAL ERROR

fatal error updating freepbx_settings table

Trace Back
/var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_conf.class.php:938 die_freepbx()
[0]: fatal error updating freepbx_settings table

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_conf.class.php:315 freepbx_conf->commit_conf_settings()

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:107 freepbx_conf->parse_amportal_conf()
[0]: /etc/amportal.conf
[1]:

/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

/var/www/html/index.php:18 include_once()
[0]: /etc/freepbx.conf

Just trying to figure out what is going on, I ran “/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf” from the console and it produced a few more lines - does anyone have an idea of what may have happened and how to fix?

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

Unable to create lock file: Read-only file system
Failed to start up concurrent users module!
PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/asterisk/freepbx_debug): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 645
PHP Warning: file_put_contents(/var/log/asterisk/freepbx_debug): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php on line 645
[FATAL] fatal error updating freepbx_settings table

Trace Back:

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_conf.class.php:938 die_freepbx()
[0]: fatal error updating freepbx_settings table

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/freepbx_conf.class.php:315 freepbx_conf->commit_conf_settings()

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:107 freepbx_conf->parse_amportal_conf()
[0]: /etc/amportal.conf
[1]:

/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:6 include_once()
[0]: /etc/freepbx.conf

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tarran

If you look at the output of your /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf from the command line, the relavant line you should be looking at is “Unable to create lock file: Read-only file system”. Is your hard drive full?

GameGamer43 - thanks for your reply - after a bit of investigation, going through startup logs and what not, I believe the hard-drive is on the way out… which is why it went read-only file system - after a recovery it seems fine now but know I’m going to have to swap it out sooner rather than later.