Fatal error while following Install guide from wiki, error loading libjansson.so.4

Hi,

I’m new to this type of technology, but I’ve been given the task of writing code to communicate with a SIP server using jssip in the browser, and I’m trying to set up a PBX box to use for testing purposes. I installed Ubuntu Server 14.04 into VirtualBox and followed the guide published here:

wiki freepbx org / display /HTGS/ Installing+FreePBX+12+on+Ubuntu+Server+14.04+LTS

But, when I reached this line:

./install_amp --installdb --username=asteriskuser --password=${ASTERISK_DB_PW}

I get the following error:

asterisk: error while loading shared libraries: libjansson.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[FATAL] Error executing asterisk: be sure Asterisk is installed and in the path.

Can anyone help me? I’m reasonably comfortable with LAMP, but I’ve never had any reason to look at this type of technology before and I don’t really know a whole lot about how it all works.

try with

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/HTGS/Installing+FreePBX+12+on+Ubuntu+Server+14.10

It should work on 14.04 also

Ooh. Now I wonder if I made a mistake in the installer.

After installing libjansson, run ‘ldconfig’, and try running install_amp again. If that doesn’t work, you may need to add --prefix=/usr to the ./configure of libhansspn, and remake and install it.

Can you tell me which of those fixed it, and I"ll update the documentation 8)